• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Stargate Twitter: "gotinstrumentals.com"

Started by georg_e, December 16, 2013, 04:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

On Stargate's Twitter   @ProdByStargate    there's this thing all over it called "gotinstrumentals.com"     Haven't quite figured it out what they do, but for the producers on here, maybe it can be of some help to you guys?

j.fco.morales

It's a site where upcoming and aspiring producers put beats to sale.

They have an account there maybe to get some beats from unknown people, work from there, get some a-list songwriter and pay minimal royalties to the original producer.

georg_e

Quote from: j.fco.morales on December 16, 2013, 05:22:13 PM
It's a site where upcoming and aspiring producers put beats to sale.

They have an account there maybe to get some beats from unknown people, work from there, get some a-list songwriter and pay minimal royalties to the original producer.
Ah, OK, interesting!!    Do you know of  anything comparable to that for songwriters/melody writers?  Something that's hooked in with something big, like the way this is with Stargate?

ps  they got all kinds of  current (real) instrumentals on there for records out now......check out "Perfume" --dope!!!   
    http://gotinstrumentals.com/singles/BritneySpears-PerfumeInstrumental-300167.htm

j.fco.morales

I mean, for a songwriter it's way easier to get a publishing deal.
The thing is send your best three or four tracks to pitch and if they're interested, they will call you.

Stargate in particular, work on a beat, send the same track to ten songwriters -aspiring and established- and pitch the best one, in their opinion. That's how they get their placements.

There's a lot of demos around of well known songs, with melodies/lyrics written by different songwriters on Stargate tracks.

georg_e

Quote from: j.fco.morales on December 16, 2013, 06:45:28 PM
I mean, for a songwriter it's way easier to get a publishing deal.
The thing is send your best three or four tracks to pitch and if they're interested, they will call you.

Stargate in particular, work on a beat, send the same track to ten songwriters -aspiring and established- and pitch the best one, in their opinion. That's how they get their placements.

There's a lot of demos around of well known songs, with melodies/lyrics written by different songwriters on Stargate tracks.
Hey.....I agree for sure that's the best thing (publishing), and I know all about how to go about it, but "way easier"?  Hasn't been my experience :-) (And I'm sure for many others).   Sure for Stargate, no problem, lol.   That's why I'm lookin for other ways
too ;-)

j.fco.morales

For an aspiring songwriter is way easier, in comparison to a aspiring producer, that's what I meant.

georg_e

Ah, OK, see what you mean.  But if I were a producer, I'd try this gotinstrumentals.com thing in a second (since they're so hooked in with Stargate) just to get a foot in, because even if the royalties were minimal, at least it's a way in.......and if the song hits, you could get more $$ on the next one.   So if I found a comparable way for songwriting (i.e. the reverse of this gotinstrumentals.com) I'd do it in a second too!! That is, if it was somehow connected with something like Stargate, etc.,  not just some fly-by-night outfit  :-)

AdamKhan

I don't think its the real Stargate's twitter to be honest.

B Steady

Quote from: AdamKhan on December 16, 2013, 10:52:47 PM
I don't think its the real Stargate's twitter to be honest.

Haha yes! I was surprised George (and José) took that for granted!
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

^     ^     ^
      LOL that's funny, but now I don't know what to think, because if you scroll down their tweets to October, ASCAP, Benny Blanco and Pitbull all included their Twitter name  @ProdByStargate   in tweets.   smh   ;-)     I better get my other detectives at my agency on this, lol!! :D

AdamKhan

Quote from: georg_e on December 16, 2013, 11:26:28 PM
                                                                        ^     ^     ^
      LOL that's funny, but now I don't know what to think, because if you scroll down their tweets to October, ASCAP, Benny Blanco and Pitbull all included their Twitter name  @ProdByStargate   in tweets.   smh   ;-)     I better get my other detectives at my agency on this, lol!! :D

Hahaha

georg_e

OK, one of my other detectives got back to me, lol.........seriously tho, I cross-checked on Benny Blanco's Twitter to make sure they didn't fake his tweet or something, but he did tweet this on Oct. 21:

Benny Blanco ‏@ItsBennyBlanco 21 Oct
Yaaaaa baby @Pitbull @ProdByStargate

georg_e

......as did BillboardBiz in September:

billboardbiz ‏@billboardbiz 7 Sep
How Ylvis' 'The Fox' Went Viral (With Help from Stargate) - Q&A http://blbrd.co/14zJxTg  @ProdByStargate @Ylvis #TheFox

and......     ASCAP EXPO in May:

ASCAP EXPO ‏@ascapexpo 11 May
Check out @NeYoCompound & @ProdbyStargate discuss the making of Ne-Yo's hit song "So Sick" at the #ASCAPEXPO! http://youtu.be/ICzlxxp6Ta0

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on December 17, 2013, 12:26:15 AM
Well then?
KoolKojak and Antony Preston (vocal producer for Britney, e.g. "Passenger") are both followers.  As am I, now :)

*  My work here is done :D *