• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

My First Pop Demo - "Had Me One Time" Any good?

Started by Jalado, January 10, 2014, 04:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jalado

I didn't mean it too, but this ended up being pretty to similar in theme to, Taylor Swifts  We R Never Getting Back Together. This is my first Pop Demo, from one of the earlier Hooks I wrote. I've been writing 3 a day for the past couple months. I just found a great demo singer, so that has motivated me to finish my songs. I am looking for some feedback, this song definitely isn't perfect, and I'm working on some better ones. This forum has the most enthusiastic and informative group when it comes to pop music, and I am glad I came across it.
https://soundcloud.com/jalado/had-me-1-time

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

turnaround

The quality of the recording doesn't seem to be very good. The voice sounds like recorded with a very bad microphone. I think the voice itself would sound very good - with the right microphone and editing.

Can you manage to record it once more? The music should sound better too.
I'm interested to hear a re-worked version.
And I liked it..

Jalado

Thanks for the reply. The girl who recorded it, lives in California and I live in Miami. I will have to ask her what microphone she uses. If it's crap maybe I could get her a decent one for 100 bucks. I didn't get this mixed or anything. I might pay for that later. Also, it is just her raw vocals, no auto tune or anything. Does anyone know when you send demo's, can they be rough recording like this, or should they be masters? Thanks

nznexus

its not that bad. but why do you compare it to taylors song_?
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Jalado

Because its the same theme, along the lines of a girl breaking up, and feeling he deserves to be dumped, and singing about it.

turnaround

Btw - the melody is really cool and sounds fresh.
And I liked it..

Jalado

Thanks, i'm happy to hear that. I'll have another demo posted in a week or two.

Jalado

I paid $20 for a crowd review on reverb nation. The main issues, are mixing, and turning up the vocals. I gotta alotta love and alotta hate, lol
http://www.reverbnation.com/crowd_review/report/40118?html=true

B Steady

Quote from: Jalado on January 17, 2014, 09:23:13 PM
I paid $20 for a crowd review on reverb nation. The main issues, are mixing, and turning up the vocals. I gotta alotta love and alotta hate, lol
http://www.reverbnation.com/crowd_review/report/40118?html=true

i guess we can't visit this page

PS: just had a listen to your song ... well, the mix/recording quality is horrible. why did you spend $20 for a review on this song? first i would try to upgrade my quality. i hope you know that this sounds like a demo for a demo.
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Jalado

Yeh, next time i'll get it mixed. There's some guy, I know. Yeh, I just found out, last night that the page only loads for me. I'm gonna e-mail support, and see what's up. If they don't fix it, I know I can download it, and link it to my sky drive. I will also, learn to mix myself, but now isn't the time, working on too many songs.

Jalado

Quote from: Jalado on January 18, 2014, 02:30:46 PM
Yeh, next time i'll get it mixed. There's some guy, I know. Yeh, I just found out, last night that the page only loads for me. I'm gonna e-mail support, and see what's up. If they don't fix it, I know I can download it, and link it to my sky drive. I will also, learn to mix myself, but now isn't the time, working on too many songs.

And, no the feedback isn't hurtful. It's mostly, the vocals are too soft, and not mix and mastered. And song wise, on the reviews some people hate it cause it sounds like a katy perry, taylor swift clone, and I quote, "the downfall is the total conformity to formula." But others, said it it was mixed better it could be on the radio. and it gives them a good feeling, and the song makes all their problems go away, etc. There is 50 reviews in total, so a lot of different views. I also, know the next song i'm making will be better, maybe not vocally, because I am singing it. And, it will be mixed before I post it.

nznexus

this does not sound like taylor swift to me!!!!!

j.fco.morales

But you don't even recognize when the vocal track doesn't match your instrumental, so I don't know nznexus...