• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

"Cannabalizing" Choruses

Started by georg_e, August 24, 2012, 08:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

So the rip off of "True Believer" for Akon was blatant,  super-annoying, and now with "Your Body" chorus basically EXACT same melody/rythym as "Abracadabra" Jessie J (except it has "Whoa-oh-ohs" in between the phrases), I'm wondering is this the new standard in songwriting?  I don't mind at all when songwriters copy and paste their own stuff, but these songs are both by completely different writing teams.  Are they paying each other off or what, lol?   I hate this trend, and then so many listeners say 'Oh no, they're KINDA similar but not really the same".  With "Your Body" I was thinking "what does this remind me of"...and the answer came in about three seconds.........