• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Background vocals

Started by turnaround, May 25, 2007, 11:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

princessofegypt

Quote from: "Massproductions"

That's my point! And... yes, in a way e-type have a better voice than Nana Hedin. If you replaced e-types vocals with only Nana Hedin the music wouldn't be near as successful. Everybody know when it's E-type, nobody sounds like him. They like him for that... Peaple don't care if he havn't got singing lessons. So if Nana would have sung all the parts, at least I don't think E-type would have been this popular.

Wow. While it's true a catchy vocal style can make a horrible singer sell & be popular (see: Britney), that doesn't make them a "good" singer by any means. Either does the fact that his voice is more "recognizable" than Nana. :wink: And to say E-Type is a better singer than Nana just because he has a "singing" (I use that term loosely) style that was created for the sole purpose of hiding the fact that he has no vocal chops whatsoever, all I can say is wow. :shock: She could just as easily sing in a stylistic fashion herself, so just because that's what he does doesn't make him a better singer. You can prefer whoever you want, obviously, but I just think your logic is screwy.

QuoteSo if Nana would have sung all the parts, at least I don't think E-type would have been this popular.
And I don't think he would have even been successful in the first place if it wasn't for Nana's voice on his early recordings :wink: (among other things, like the production of Denniz).

Reading some of your prior posts, I knew you had a slight mental retardation, but this last post of yours cemented that as fact & took the cake for idiocy. Congrats.

*Sabine*

To my mind, Nana Hedin's is the best background singer in the world. Anyone knows what she's doing right now?
But as this forum is devoted to Max, i'll focus on him...
I like his voice a lot in Rude Boys by Leila K. You can hear him a lot in the chorus.
I also love him in Dede's My lover in the passage "All i want to be is together, hoping that our love lasts forever, it's crazy but it's true, you are my lover".... Jessica also sings there and i think Max, Jessica and Nana Hedin is just the best combination you can imagine for backgroud vocals on a song (like on E-type's back in the loop) ...He's also great in Get to you, still by Dede. ("I know, i know you want me too").I really like the background vocals on E-Type's we gotta go, he can be heard clearly. i'm not alone by E-type has fantastic backgroud vocals by the way, especially at the end ("Oh Lord, I am not alone now": it echoes a bit like Ace of Base's Beautiful Life final background vocals).... This song has the same bass as Show me the meaning by the BSB...

BennyJ

Dont know if it was already posted but Max Martin sings background vocals in the verses of Britneys "Stronger" to make her voice sound deeper. I removed her voice from the track using a special technique and was surprised to hear max (at least i think it's him, could also be another guy, but i think its him).

princessofegypt

Quote from: BennyJ on January 25, 2008, 02:21:38 AM
Dont know if it was already posted but Max Martin sings background vocals in the verses of Britneys "Stronger" to make her voice sound deeper. I removed her voice from the track using a special technique and was surprised to hear max (at least i think it's him, could also be another guy, but i think its him).
the deep voice under her on the verses are Andreas.

*Sabine*

When she says 'I used to go with the glow', i thought it was Max. On the cd sleeve, in the credits, it reads the backing vocals are by brit, nana and max. I know that people that are not mentined in the booklet can contribute to a song (ex: Denniz to baby one more time  ::), but it just seems weird here. always thought it was Max. What makes you think it is Andreas? You heard it or you could identify his voice?

By the way, BennyJ, what is that software you use to remove vocals? Sometimes, I like playing with musicmaker, but it's not that powerful.....

BennyJ

Quote from: princessofegypt on January 25, 2008, 04:35:20 AM
the deep voice under her on the verses are Andreas.

how do you know?  :o

BennyJ

Quote from: *Sabine* on January 25, 2008, 09:33:11 AM

By the way, BennyJ, what is that software you use to remove vocals? Sometimes, I like playing with musicmaker, but it's not that powerful.....

I used some vst plugin for a music production software called Cubase but I don't have it anymore. You can try this tool though http://www2.yogen.com/Default.aspx?tabid=131 or search on the web for others, most of them work the same way. Don't expect the results to be good though.

*Sabine*

Oh thanks!! A friend of mine once gave me cubase but I never really tried to use it cause I'm a full time student you know! lol
No seriously, I'll try to install it for good and learn it... From what I remember, it seemed quite complex! :s
As you seem to know pretty much, do you know how to do fake instrumental versions out of the normal track and the acapella version? I heard it was possible....

BennyJ

Quote from: *Sabine* on January 25, 2008, 11:25:36 AM
Oh thanks!! A friend of mine once gave me cubase but I never really tried to use it cause I'm a full time student you know! lol
No seriously, I'll try to install it for good and learn it... From what I remember, it seemed quite complex! :s
As you seem to know pretty much, do you know how to do fake instrumental versions out of the normal track and the acapella version? I heard it was possible....

No, it's not possible ;) Of course, you can try removing the vocals or the background, but that only works to some extend. The main problem is that the parts you don't wanna remove are also affected so the result sounds very strange and really bad. Once the music is mixed, it's a combination of waveforms and can't really be reconverted to seperate tracks. This is especially true for popsongs since they are compressed to the maximum (for more loudness) so it's nearly impossible for a computer to find any structure in them.

*Sabine*

Yes, I know the result is not perfect but there are some fan made acapellas that do sound good (at least to me) on the internet. As an example, I'll post here a fan made instrumental of our beloved song baby one more time!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cn6g7f

I would love to learn how to make other acapellas that well...

Feelgoodlies

actually I don't think there is a programme ever exist to fake an instrumental to sound close to an official one,and it won't be one unless producers tell us the secret of the recipe!!

*Sabine*

Listening to Rude Boy like Leila K now, I didn't remember how much I love that song. But I wanted to draw your attention to Max's vocals on that song, they're extremely clear, loud and very cool. It's weird cause he's the only one who sings the chorus actually, it's like a featuring Max! :D You should relisten to it. I'm also listening to the other: Murderer. You can also hear him and the excellent Jessica (Folker). I actually have Leila K's best of, I love it! Cheiron beginnings and Swemix. it is deeply and influenced by Denniz, Max and also Kristian.

maxmartin'sfan

heyhye Do Someone have the credits for the back Vocals of "Crazy (the stop remix)"?

I Would like to know how many singers are in the back, I Would like to know how to make this kind of Back héhé ^^

Raul_esp

Quote from: maxmartin'sfan on November 23, 2008, 11:18:10 PM
heyhye Do Someone have the credits for the back Vocals of "Crazy (the stop remix)"?

I Would like to know how many singers are in the back, I Would like to know how to make this kind of Back héhé ^^

Backing vocals by Max Martin / Rami Yacoub / Jeanette Söderholm / The Fanchoir  ;)

maxmartin'sfan