• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Savan interview, Savan about Max

Started by turnaround, June 09, 2009, 09:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

http://www.bmi.com/news/entry/538735

A nice read.

He says:

Quote"Max is one of my major heroes," Kotecha says. "Working around Max, I saw how to craft songs properly. He works on songs until they're right, even if it takes weeks. He taught me to not get so attached to a certain part of a song that you can't kill it (in exchange for) something better. Rami, Kristian and Andreas are the same way."
And I liked it..

sforzando

Wow thank you, turnaround. How nice.
More people talk about Max, the greater I think Max is.

*Sabine*

Very nice interview. Thanks for posting the link.
His story is like a dream, he was incredibly lucky to get introduced to Max. That's what success is all about: talent, work and luck.

Rebecca

Thanks Turnaround, that's a great read, I didn't know about how Savan got his start.
It's always nice to hear people speak about Max.

Scott Martin :)

Thanks for the link! great read.

I heard from a fairly established producer here in Australia just this weekend, that to write a song with Max for a day cost $100,000 !!

This same guy also said that Max just sold off 1/3 of his old catalog - wait for it...

for 50 million dollars!!!  ???

*Sabine*

Oh my godness!!!!!!  :o :o
Damn it, they bought the rights but I hope that we'll still see his name in the credits, elsehow we'll never find out the songs!!

maxmartin'sfan

Quote from: Scott Martin :) on June 10, 2009, 02:38:43 PM

I heard from a fairly established producer here in Australia just this weekend, that to write a song with Max for a day cost $100,000 !!

[/b]  ???

i think that's not possible ...  u know than a song can be write in 1 hour or 1 month... and u are not pay  when u co wrote a song ...

Linda

Quote from: Scott Martin :) on June 10, 2009, 02:38:43 PM

This same guy also said that Max just sold off 1/3 of his old catalog - wait for it...

for 50 million dollars!!!  ???

my god, he is filthy rich. :o :P

Rebecca

oh my goodness! 50 million dollars!
Scott, do you mean Australian dollars or USD?
wow, I would like to hear more about this.
I'm a bit sad if it's true, that Max would sell the rights to his songs, surely he would earn enough money from royalties?

Scott Martin :)

Hi Rebecca, I believe it to be true. The guy I heard it from is a big producer here in Australia - he and his wife have written songs for Delta Goodrem, Dean Geyer, Lee Harding (most of the Aussie Idols)

Apparently his wife is talking to Max's manager and discussing the possibility of going to Sweden.

The three things I heard were;

- he sold some of his catalog for $50 million (no idea if thats USD or other sorry)
- for him to produce a record, his fee is $160,000
- for him to co-write, his fee is $100,000

I do believe its possible - the publishers and record labels would be footing the bill for it.

Some A list film composers get huge sums of money just to be involved in a project. A cost list was leaked a few years ago about James Newton Howard (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006133/)

His personal fee just to score a movie (not paying for musicians, orchestra's copyists etc, etc) was $1.3 million  ???

Rebecca

that's all very interesting Scott. I believe those prices are right too.

well, I wonder if this means that we'll start to hear more of Max's old catalog being used in commercials or somewhere? I mean the new owner will want to make some money of them, or else what's the point.
Though I think the Cheiron/Max songs are classics, I'm not sure the rest of the world does, I mean, Britney, BSB's old records don't sell like the back catalog of ACDC, ABBA, Led Zeppelin etc. So, maybe it's a smart move for Max to cash in, anyway, I guess he knows what he's doing.

amazing that James Newton Howard earns so much money, but he has a very impressive resume. I can also believe it would be that much as music in the movies is very important.