• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Weeknd - new single "Blinding Lights" (Max Martin, O. Holter)

Started by turnaround, April 20, 2015, 07:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: *Sabine* on March 24, 2020, 06:07:29 PM
In Your Eyes is my second favorite track off the album after Blinding light. Save your tears is my third and the other 2 Max songs are the most solid tracks of the rest.

Save your tears sounds like a hit too but I think it sounds really similar to Post Malone's song Circle. Had anyone else noticed?
I have, mostly in the drum work & melody. It's kinda sad that Max has to make his own "bootleg" version of a preexisting hit song just to stay alive on the charts.

This is not the first time too:

True by Spandau Ballet = I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys,
Hey Ya by Outkast = Shake It Off,
UpTown Funk! by Mark Ronson = Can't Feel My Face by The Weeknd &
                                                 Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake
Royals by Lorde = Send My Love (To Your New Lover)

Just to name a few.

Snipes3000

Nothing sad about it imo, rather a skill essential for those who wanna remain in popular music. I call it improvement of the state of the art. Dr luke opened up about it to Seabrook. When indie rock was popular in the early 2000's, people loved the music. Dr luke and Max Martin enjoyed the sonics of those songs but Max Martin addressed to Dr luke when what type of energy had to come in those songs and it didnt come. They loved the style of music but also had the believe that they could actually do it better, especially with regard to delivering the right amounts of energy at the right time (a strength of Max Martin songs). We all know what happened: we - as ordinary listeners - still love the Max Martin songs from that era and merely like the others from that era. If a song sounds like Circles, it's just like a painter saying that he is going to make a painting in the style of Picasso's blue period. It means that you would use the style of colours, but you could paint a whole different theme on your palette. Sometimes you want certain colors cause they please pop crowd. It is like having a great hiphop song in 2019 without the 808 bass, everybody is gonna miss it. Don't criticize this aspect but instead learn from it and try to make it one of your skills. Dali spoke of how imitation was a necessity in creating. Imitate the colors, but not the lines on the palette. The former is a good steal, but imitating the lines as well in a weaker fashion is suicide.

We have blinding lights sounding like 80's. Saved your life sounding like Akon's Sunny Day and this song sounding like Circles.

That sax guy on in your eyes also played the sax in Only Human. Im into saxophones now, also love the one in All that she wants ace of base. Brass is my flaw that I soon hope to turn into a strength.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

B Steady

Quote from: *Sabine* on March 24, 2020, 06:07:29 PM
Save your tears sounds like a hit too but I think it sounds really similar to Post Malone's song Circle. Had anyone else noticed?

That was my very first thought when I heard it for the first time.

Too Late, Hardest to Love, and After Hours are insanely well produced - once again a brilliant album by The Weeknd. Quality-wise probably the most consistent artist of the past ten years, especially considering his output.
Vila i frid Dag

AlexanderLaBrea

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on March 25, 2020, 01:42:30 AM

This is not the first time too:

True by Spandau Ballet = I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys,
Hey Ya by Outkast = Shake It Off,
UpTown Funk! by Mark Ronson = Can't Feel My Face by The Weeknd &
                                                 Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake
Royals by Lorde = Send My Love (To Your New Lover)

Just to name a few.

I'm gonna assume you've heard somebody say this but havn't actually tried comparing these songs yourself. Right?

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on March 26, 2020, 12:47:50 AM
I'm gonna assume you've heard somebody say this but havn't actually tried comparing these songs yourself. Right?

I have, For example, after the final chrous of "True" you can hear the refrain that was used in "IWITW". The Instrumentation of "Shake It Off" sounds almost the same as "Hey Ya" but with more horns. "SML (TYNY)" has the same build up as "Royal" only with a more poppier hook. Finally "Can't Stop The Feeling" has the heavy brass & groove as "UpTown Funk" only with smothered sounding guitars & a call back on the final chorus that sounds like it was pulled from Max's other hit "Everybody" from 97.

What do hear them as well?

j.fco.morales

B Steady

Scared to Live and Save Your Tears currently rank at #12 and #13 in my personal After Hours ranking.
As any The Weeknd album I'm also loving this one, and Max contributed three great songs, but "STL" and "SYT" just ain't it.
Vila i frid Dag

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: B Steady on March 30, 2020, 01:06:41 AM
Scared to Live and Save Your Tears currently rank at #12 and #13 in my personal After Hours ranking.
As any The Weeknd album I'm also loving this one, and Max contributed three great songs, but "STL" and "SYT" just ain't it.

lol those are in my top 5 of my favorite album songs.

turnaround

Three new songs out now.

But no new Max.
And I liked it..

McCartneyMartin

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9346375/weeknd-blinding-lights-number-one-hot-100

Blinding Lights is #1 aka "The little song that could" on Billboard. Making it Max's 23rd hit as a writer & his 22nd as a producer. Only 4 more to beat Lennon (26) & 10 more to beat McCartney (32). Which I think will be impossible at this point since Max's last #1 (Can't Stop The Feeling) was in 2016. But anyways welcome back to the summit!

but will it last more than a week???

*Sabine*

Yeah, it was confirmed this afternoon, I was so happy!! Another very much deserved #1! This song is such a bop, I knew it at first listen!!  ;D
I am positive Max will beat John Lennon's record sooner or later and he might also break Mc Cartney's! Why not? There were some years he had 3 No 1's, just look at 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014...
Bear in mind he devoted sooo much time to his musical in the latest years. Then, besides the fact he is not even 50, he obviously has all the keys, knowledge, experience, partners, artists and TALENT to be the most successful. I am definitely very optimistic for the future! He is a legend! Anyways, to me, he is already the best producer in the world, there's no way you can compare the music industry as it is today, with sooo much competition, to that at the times of the Beatles.

melodicmoonlight

Not to mention, Doja Cat's "Say So" makes it into the Top 10... two songs in the Hot 100 Top 10 produced by both Max and Dr. Luke... is this 2004 again??

B Steady

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on March 31, 2020, 06:29:09 AM
Not to mention, Doja Cat's "Say So" makes it into the Top 10... two songs in the Hot 100 Top 10 produced by both Max and Dr. Luke... is this 2004 again??

No, it's January 2015 - good morning.
Vila i frid Dag

McCartneyMartin

I'm probably not the first, I'll probably say it anyways but I wonder if "Scared To Live" will be the next hit after "In Your Eyes". I feel it will become the people's anthem after this whole coronavirus panic is over if it does it end. I mean with a title like that it's bound to become sort of relation for the people on resuming everyday life.