• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

My hunt for the Tearin' Up My Heart instrumental - A resounding failure

Started by backgammonfiend, December 07, 2016, 02:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backgammonfiend

I will make sure that I get this song out by any means necessary. So far, the only option currently available to me is to buy a master use license from Sony Music, and they want about 3100 USD for it.

I KNOW that there's a distributor promo CD out there with the instrumental on it, there has to be if they performed the song live on TRL. However, I have found to date exactly zero people who knows anyone with a connection to anyone that has ever seen said CD. If any of the wonderful users of the forum know where it is, don't hesitate to speak up  :)

The first place I will look is New York City after I get on midyear break, as I live less than an hour from there. That's basically SME's base of operations.

skip to the last page to see the ending, it's sad i know but this instrumental will likely never surface

gm33

I've been looking for this for EVER.

On wikipedia someone said there's a UK release of this in 2016 with an instrumental on it?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tearin'_Up_My_Heart

I don't think anything like that came out...
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

B Steady

Quote from: gm33 on December 07, 2016, 02:54:46 AM
I've been looking for this for EVER.

On wikipedia someone said there's a UK release of this in 2016 with an instrumental on it?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tearin'_Up_My_Heart

I don't think anything like that came out...

Wow, this 2016 release is very interesting :D
Vila i frid Dag

backgammonfiend

ha... if that cd was real i'd renew my fucking passport today

ferser1

dont worry. if u can verify if its real ill go myself. its a 1 hr flight

ner0

hah wow, I respect your obsession and dedication a lot! Best of luck!

backgammonfiend

Well, I went straight to the Sony buliding and they confirmed what I suspected to be true.
There's only 3 ways to get instrumentals:

Licensing (which is expensive as fuck)
Mix session leaks (most common source of these is Rockband, but I know some tapes that leaked directly from project staff like the dangerous woman album) - These are unsanctioned by the labels.
Published promo CDs (sent to distributors or the public market)

SME says that unpublished material (aka an instrumental that was never put on a promo) may not be directly bought from the label without a license. However, distributor promos don't have to be licensed as the distributor already bought the license for it. According to Sony themselves, if Tearin' Up My Heart instrumental was used on an episode of TRL, then MTV archives contain the distributor promo with that mix. MTV being one of the more popular distributors, they probably have a substantial amount of other unleaked Cheiron tracks besides that one in the archives too.

If I could find a way to tap into those archives, I could get the TUMH instrumental without a license. If anyone knows anybody who could help me with that, don't hesitate to speak up.

I'm going straight to MTV's building first chance I get (probably March).

This hunt will only end when they bury me.

backgammonfiend

I went back to NYC for spring break and visited all six CHR stations, now I have two radio station directors that I can possibly request to look for this.

Tomorrow, I visit visual media distributors, starting with MTV.

I did find Sometimes by PM in the interim, will release to the public on April 30 to coincide with the 18 year anniversary.

if RCA or anyone else ever thought i was gonna stop, they officially played themselves.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

lmnop

backgammonfiend

lmnop

No I just messaged you via forums, asking if you could pleeease send me the Sometimes instrumental? It would mean a lot  :D

backgammonfiend

i swear if one more goddamn person messages me about sometimes, i'm not gonna release it.

i literally said in the post what day i'm going to leak it on.

i swear y'all either can't read or wanna annoy me. that shit cost me 55 euros, and it's coming out for free. unless you wanna donate real money back to the "true savage buys instrumentals" fund then please stfu.

j.fco.morales

To the forum moderators: do we really have to accept this kind of replies?

This user messaged me privately before asking for some files and replying in such bad manners when what I had wasn't matching his expectations.
I don't know if anyone else had the same experience, but every now and then we have some "special member" with undesirable behaviour.

j.fco.morales