• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max/Luke/Bonnie....."Vacation", "Show Me What You Got", "Wild Wild Love" G.R.L.

Started by georg_e, June 18, 2013, 12:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

The new single, Show Me What You Got, out February 4th.

I like the chorus, sounds like Teenage Dream or that Carl+Rami song "True Love" by these sisters... can't remember their names.

georg_e

I love these tweets from the GRL fans!!  :D :D

@TheDoctorLuke we can create expectations of future music with @GRL ft @Pitbull??
Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More Details

uberweiss

"Show Me What You Got":

https://soundcloud.com/saulinhoslozevk/grl-show-me-what-you-got

So massive. Slightly jarring transition into the pre-chorus but whatever. IEIEIIIIIIII. All those synths added to the beat in the final chorus are a great touch.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: uberweiss on February 04, 2014, 08:32:47 AM
"Show Me What You Got":

https://soundcloud.com/saulinhoslozevk/grl-show-me-what-you-got

So massive. Slightly jarring transition into the pre-chorus but whatever. IEIEIIIIIIII. All those synths added to the beat in the final chorus are a great touch.

Agreed. The last chorus makes the song. The ad-libs and the added synths are great. Also appreciate the repeat of the end chorus - whereas in Nicki Minaj's "Young Forever," Luke didn't repeat the final chorus and it really needed a reprise. This is notable of late 90/early 00s Max productions. You need the repeat to give it that LAST final punch. Any added sounds or vocal ad-libs left to add in, give it all there before the big finish.

The beat isn't at all innovative but I think it's more about how the song grows with each part. Some off key notes (I think Luke does this purposely in his productions…I've noticed it many other times before) and the two transitions into the pre-chorus seem to be delayed. Like it's a tad bit off beat when it comes in.

But other than that, I've had the song on repeat. It's really an ear worm.

Jules

Quotehttps://itunes.apple.com/us/album/show-me-what-you-got/id794662470?i=794662583
QuoteAlbum Only

Seriously? Dafuq??  >:(
Same old story: I want to spend my money on the track, but they won't let me. So the only way to get it is to download illegally.

There's no business like show business music business.  >:( >:( >:(

Jules

Oh nevermind, I found it on 7digital, they have it available as a single track.  8)

https://m.7digital.com/US/releases/3237446

B Steady

Quote from: Jules on February 04, 2014, 12:43:46 PM
Oh nevermind, I found it on 7digital, they have it available as a single track.  8)

https://m.7digital.com/US/releases/3237446

Lucky for you but then it's a weird marketing strategy ... At least it's not a uniform one
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Seriously, this is super catchy stuff. Thanks Max!  8)

An album full of songs like these. It would be glorious.
And I liked it..

georg_e

So great...reallly reminds me of the early Max/Luke songs...even the title....just straightforward groove....makes me wonder if it was maybe written back then and re-worked now, the way "My Life Would Suck " was.........

B Steady

Quote from: georg_e on February 04, 2014, 03:54:20 PM
                     So great...reallly reminds me of the early Max/Luke songs...even the title....just straightforward groove....makes me wonder if it was maybe written back then and re-worked now, the way "My Life Would Suck " was.........

this song couldnt be more 2013/14 max/luke in my opinion ???
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

I didn't like it, it's like three differents arrangements in one song...

turnaround

I had to buy it. It's so perfect for the spring. (Which will hopefully come soon)
And I liked it..

georg_e

God this song is like drugs without the health risk......when that second part of the chorus hits with that 'surge'.........aggggh....ecstasy!!!! 
Not ashamed to say this song makes me cry...the way really euphoric songs can make you cry......just the beauty of life....certain chord progressions/melodies.....I  live for this feeling.........

Raul_esp

Wow , amazing pop track , Great work , it sounds very Fresh.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: georg_e on February 05, 2014, 12:25:40 AM
             God this song is like drugs without the health risk......when that second part of the chorus hits with that 'surge'.........aggggh....ecstasy!!!! 
Not ashamed to say this song makes me cry...the way really euphoric songs can make you cry......just the beauty of life....certain chord progressions/melodies.....I  live for this feeling.........

aww :) so cute! it's very euphoric, the strumming guitars, the chord progressions and their soaring ad-libbed vocals. it's really nice.