• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin & Nana Hedin backing vocals on "Stronger"

Started by B Steady, May 08, 2013, 11:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxmartin'sfan

the file will be available just a few moment...

B Steady

Thank you!!! :D

Unfortunately AJ's "no matter the distance, I want you to know that deep down inside of me" doesn't come out as clearly as I hoped but still interesting :)
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

It basically comes down to what effects the producer/mixer uses on each vocal and how they're placed in the mix. What you're doing is removing anything mono from the mix and listening to whatever stereo material is left. So, for example, if a stereo reverb or chorus effect is used, which for backing vocals is very common to separate them from the lead vocal, then you're going to hear them clearly once you remove the mono vocal from the mix. You usually hear a slight amount of lead vocal too because there might be a bit of reverb etc used, but it's kept pretty narrow in the mix.

In the case of AJ's harmony on the "I Want It That Way" bridge, it's been mixed like two leads together as opposed to a lead with a one man stereo backing vocal, which would probably sound a bit weird in this case.

Rebecca

wow, those are incredible, thank you Nico.

I love Cinderella! just gorgeous.

maxmartin'sfan

Quote from: Joshua on May 14, 2013, 12:02:15 PM
It basically comes down to what effects the producer/mixer uses on each vocal and how they're placed in the mix. What you're doing is removing anything mono from the mix and listening to whatever stereo material is left. So, for example, if a stereo reverb or chorus effect is used, which for backing vocals is very common to separate them from the lead vocal, then you're going to hear them clearly once you remove the mono vocal from the mix. You usually hear a slight amount of lead vocal too because there might be a bit of reverb etc used, but it's kept pretty narrow in the mix.

In the case of AJ's harmony on the "I Want It That Way" bridge, it's been mixed like two leads together as opposed to a lead with a one man stereo backing vocal, which would probably sound a bit weird in this case.

I know that  ;)

Linda

Joshua

Quote from: maxmartin'sfan on May 14, 2013, 07:34:25 PM
I know that  ;)

:) Yeah I get that you do, I was explaining it for those who thought they were somehow leaked by the studio or something.

ShockdioN

someone deleted the video...someone should make new ones and upload them on youtube :)