• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Britney Spears stems & mix sessions

Started by the3rd, July 13, 2013, 03:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3rd

Didnt see this anywhere on the forum I found it quite interesting.

http://britneyspearsremix.com/stems/category'

They've put up download links to stem packs of a lot of Britney songs, and some of them are even more than stems.

E.g there is what seems to be the full mix session for "If U Seek Amy" with over 80 tracks complete with every single take that made it on the song. We can check out all harmonies etc and Max's weird up-pitched backing vocals.

Please excuse if this has been posted before.  :)

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Joshua

What the... no I haven't seen this before, only stems for some other tracks. WOW! Thank you so much for posting. :)

EDIT: I've just finished listening to the whole folder. Simply incredible, I never thought I'd be able to jump into a Max/Shellback session like this. So many simple sounds, quite a lot of rough edges, but together it makes perfection. Hearing Max's pitched vocals was funny, I didn't realise he even sang on some of those parts.

Voodoo

Quote from: Joshua on July 13, 2013, 08:07:06 AM
What the... no I haven't seen this before, only stems for some other tracks. WOW! Thank you so much for posting. :)

EDIT: I've just finished listening to the whole folder. Simply incredible, I never thought I'd be able to jump into a Max/Shellback session like this. So many simple sounds, quite a lot of rough edges, but together it makes perfection. Hearing Max's pitched vocals was funny, I didn't realise he even sang on some of those parts.

which ones?!

melodicmoonlight

insane...so many comped vocals...percussive effects, vocal editing. it's so weird yet as a whole song it's pop perfection.

nznexus

i cant believe how much detail was put inside the tracks.
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

the3rd

It seems like "3", If U Seek Amy", "I'm a Slave 4 U" and somewhat also "Gimme More" are multitrack a and the others are stems. Too bad "Oops I Did It Again" was not even a real stem, I would really have liked to check that one out, as this was when they were really working the background vocals.

While some stuff is a bit interesting, like the way they used a 808 kickdrum as the bass instrument on "3" (since that sound has a lot of tone in it), a lot has to be credited to the mixing engineer. There is not really that much "magic" about these arrangements really although they are very well done.

The backing vocals on "Hold It Against Me" e.g, are really just one or at most two harmonies following the chords, but in the mix it sounds superb.

Less is more I guess, like always :) Alao fun to hear Keri Hilsons stuff on Gimme More.

Joshua

Quote from: Voodoo on July 13, 2013, 10:07:48 PM
which ones?!

Oh, which part of my post are you referring to, the stems I had heard or the parts Max sings on in the track?

I totally agree you the3rd, some very basic sounds and takes, but as they start layering them together I guess they can hear it's going to work. That being said, they've made so many tracks that they probably already know what works and what doesn't before they even start rough mixing.

j.fco.morales

I do have a lot multitracks of songs by Max Martin: all officials.

Actually I collect multitracks to study: it's the best way to learn about sound designing.
I have around 150 in my harddrive, but I have more on my portatil hard drive, if you want to share, I have no problem :)

My favourite by far is Till The World Ends, multiple eargasms.

J_A24

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 03, 2013, 10:59:16 PM
I do have a lot multitracks of songs by Max Martin: all officials.

Actually I collect multitracks to study: it's the best way to learn about sound designing.
I have around 150 in my harddrive, but I have more on my portatil hard drive, if you want to share, I have no problem :)

My favourite by far is Till The World Ends, multiple eargasms.

I have a bunch of them too. Like for example "So What" by P!nk has many sounds layered that you don't really capture when listening the song, but when I hear the multitracks and how it all comes together, I'm often baffled a how simple the arrangements sound and how cheap the synths sound lol. But it's fascinating because everything has it's purpose. I also hear ideas that I've already tried mixing wise, but mine sound like crap compared to the track.

In the "Till The World Ends" song, the synth layering is amazing. So many sounds to make the main lead of the beat. A song like "Brokenhearted" sounds fairly simple too, but a lot of detail went into it sound design wise.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: J_A24 on August 09, 2013, 06:43:31 PM
I have a bunch of them too. Like for example "So What" by P!nk has many sounds layered that you don't really capture when listening the song, but when I hear the multitracks and how it all comes together, I'm often baffled a how simple the arrangements sound and how cheap the synths sound lol. But it's fascinating because everything has it's purpose. I also hear ideas that I've already tried mixing wise, but mine sound like crap compared to the track.

In the "Till The World Ends" song, the synth layering is amazing. So many sounds to make the main lead of the beat. A song like "Brokenhearted" sounds fairly simple too, but a lot of detail went into it sound design wise.

Post 'Brokenhearted' - would love to hear the multitrack!

j.fco.morales

Pete sent me a message and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people interested in hear the multitracks.
Why don't we open a new thread to share multitracks?

And it's SO true, Max Martin synths sounds so cheap but the layering makes it sound amazing.

Henry "Cirkut" Walter is the man in the sound designing for Dr Luke, he's the best at it.

B Steady

Yep, Cirkut is the king. He's making actually better productions than Dr. Luke.

Just compare the pre-Cirkut era productions with the Cirkut-era productions.
And brokenhearted sounds fantastic as well, and it's even without Dr. Luke.
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Mathieu Billboard Jomphe is amazing too, he does a lot of cool stuff with 8bits sounding synths!