• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - "PRISM" out NOW!

Started by B Steady, July 30, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Btw - we get another Katy Perry track. "Who you love"

It's a duet with John Mayer on his album.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Quote from: Joshua on August 11, 2013, 01:14:32 PM
Give it time, I think many of you will grow to like it.

Rebecca, I think Katy has always had an affiliation with cats. There are so many photos of her with cats, even her fans are called "Katy Cats". So I'm guessing the point of the song is to say that she's no longer a kitty, but a Lion or Tiger.

oh yes, you are right, I didn't think of that.

Feelgoodlies, yes, it sounds very similar to "Brave"

i'm still not into this song.

Eddie Krommer

About the similarities with Brave, this is an interesting reading. Some producers reaction to the situation and a special mention to Dr. Luke and Max.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earshot/katy-perry-sara-bareilles-songs-604842

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Rebecca

turnaround

"Like the next one, as far as I know, is going to be a big one too," she 'revealed'. "I'm really excited for the next one. [It's] really colorful [she means colourful] and really bright."
She also gave a brief insight into the mechanisms of songwriting.
"Well, you know, we work with Dr Luke and Max Martin, they're like melodic geniuses, and they kind of come to us with tracks," she said. "Katy had ideas about what she wanted. So she had a very specific idea of what she wanted. They come back with the track and we kind of find the story within the track."
EASY.

Source: http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/katy-perrys-next-single-is-a-big-one-and-really-colourful-and-really-bright-according-to-bonnie-mckee/118768/#ixzz2cPJojTmg
Follow us: @Popjustice on Twitter
And I liked it..

Joshua

Is the "Brave" copy criticism all because there are staccato piano chords in the verse?

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on August 19, 2013, 12:20:12 PM
Is the "Brave" copy criticism all because there are staccato piano chords in the verse?

there are much more similarities ...
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on August 19, 2013, 12:23:43 PM
there are much more similarities ...

Guess I'd better have a closer listen then, I'd never heard "Brave" before.

Axel

I'm a big fan of Sara Bareilles. She rules. Her song "Gravity" is one of the best I ever heard.

Joshua

Quote from: Joshua on August 19, 2013, 12:35:47 PM
Guess I'd better have a closer listen then, I'd never heard "Brave" before.

Hmm, the first two chords in the verse are the same which means nothing, tiny part of the verse melody slightly matches, they're the only other two things I can pick. The beat isn't the same, the structure of the song isn't the same, the lyrics aren't the same... I think it's an overreaction for people to say she's ripped it off. Inspired by the production of the verse maybe, what else though?

turnaround

Just realised that the bass is genius! Pure perfection.

Speaking of it, the first verse of "Brave" lacks a bass at all.

And the middle8 - all what happens 2:40 is so epic. ROAR ROAR ROAR
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Quote from: turnaround on August 19, 2013, 11:54:55 AM
"Like the next one, as far as I know, is going to be a big one too," she 'revealed'. "I'm really excited for the next one. [It's] really colorful [she means colourful] and really bright."
She also gave a brief insight into the mechanisms of songwriting.
"Well, you know, we work with Dr Luke and Max Martin, they're like melodic geniuses, and they kind of come to us with tracks," she said. "Katy had ideas about what she wanted. So she had a very specific idea of what she wanted. They come back with the track and we kind of find the story within the track."
EASY.

Source: http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/katy-perrys-next-single-is-a-big-one-and-really-colourful-and-really-bright-according-to-bonnie-mckee/118768/#ixzz2cPJojTmg
Follow us: @Popjustice on Twitter

I love these snippets from Bonnie about working with Max and Luke. Looking forward to the next song.

turnaround

Unlock content :D

http://katyperry.pepsi.mtv.com

And she will close the VMAs!  :-*

Dark Horse and Walking on air are the titles of the songs.
And I liked it..