• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

One Direction second album and single "Live While We’re Young"

Started by turnaround, August 23, 2012, 02:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

Rami and co are really loving using the same little chord rundown from the chorus of "Live While We're Young", it's in "Still The One" and "Magic" too. I have to say, they're production is becoming very samey. The guitar intros, the cowbell, having Harry sing the last line of every chorus a cappella. But it's forgiving that they've written some absolute gems. I just wish they'd mix it up a bit. I guess they probably wrote plenty, not knowing which would get the go ahead.

On another note, I'm with Turnaround on "I Would", I think it's become my favourite. Found out it's written by the band members of McFly, who I know have been big in the UK, but I'm not sure if I've heard any of their songs before.

turnaround

Hehe, McFly were so good in the beginning of their career. (First album was fantastic) They will release soonish a Greatest Hits album, I can recommend it.

I was surprised they delivered such a great stand-out track with "I would"....

Single material and somehow different than the Falk/Kotecha/Rami songs.
And I liked it..

gm33

You guys are going to love this Time Magazine article:
http://entertainment.time.com/2012/11/13/one-directions-songwriters-theyre-what-make-the-boy-band-beautiful/

Savan Kotecha talks about the songwriting process, Max Martin, songwriting credits, Dr. Luke, Sweden.

Enjoy!!   :D :D :D :D :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Joshua

That was brilliant, thanks! :D So many interesting points in there, and I was quite surprised that Luke got a writing credit (the lead credit if I'm not mistaken) based on production only... I had no idea it worked like that. Then again, you hear plenty of stories of artists getting writing credits when they've not made even the tiniest contribution.

I've heard Max say that the "melody first" technique works for him but may not for everyone, but from the way it's mentioned here, it's more of a strategy than just personal preference.

Savan seems to be a great source of information, maybe as a forum we should probe him a bit for some more. ;)

Rebecca

Thanks GMG for the article. I also thought it was interesting that Dr Luke was given a writing credit just because he produced it.

B Steady

so funny to read that originally max should've been involved an dr. luke was believed to be the producer of little things ;D
Vila i frid Dag