• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Lady Gaga (current S: The Cure; current A: Joanne)

Started by turnaround, October 06, 2016, 11:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

After the weak "Perfect Illusions" I think this is the song that shows her skills in so many ways.

[spotify]spotify:track:1mqhFRvEmcDQU2VbsG2cez[/spotify]

Million Reasons
Written by:
Mark Ronson
Stefani Germanotta
Hillary Lindsey

Producer:
Mark Ronson
BloodPop
Lady GaGa
And I liked it..

georg_e

^    ^   ^
Agree, this sounds good :-) Interesting one of biggest Nashville writers is on it.

nanofives

It's such a contrast between perfect illusion, gaga indeed has a lot to show on her new album, I don't know how to feel about the fact that she scrapped 7 of 8 songs she made with RedOne, and i can't imagine how that song will be since nadir has been experimenting a lot lately.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: georg_e on October 06, 2016, 02:51:05 PM
           ^    ^   ^
Agree, this sounds good :-) Interesting one of biggest Nashville writers is on it.

Nice song.
And I agree, Hillary is such an amazing songwriter.

It's so good that Nashville writers work with pop stars. Nashville has the school of great songwriting and amazing relatable lyrics.
A good example is Jealous by Labrinth, co written with Josh Kear and Natalie Hemby.

B Steady

It seems I'm the only one who thinks Perfect Illusion is definitely the better song.
Vila i frid Dag

nanofives

Quote from: B Steady on October 09, 2016, 12:45:34 AM
It seems I'm the only one who thinks Perfect Illusion is definitely the better song.
Definitely not.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on October 09, 2016, 10:38:22 AM
I'm afraid you mean PI is definitely not the better song.
I can definitely not say that PI  AND the other Gaga song are not both better than THIS  PI......
https://youtu.be/eDiSYp_51iY   Definitely. Not.

nanofives

Quote from: B Steady on October 09, 2016, 10:38:22 AM
I'm afraid you mean PI is definitely not the better song.
Don't make it harder xD, you said that it seems you're the only one, I said definitely not because I love Perfect Illusion.
(And it's A better song, not THE better song)

B Steady

Quote from: nanofives on October 10, 2016, 04:59:53 AM
Don't make it harder xD, you said that it seems you're the only one, I said definitely not because I love Perfect Illusion.
(And it's A better song, not THE better song)

I hoped you meant it that way :D but the fact that I said definitely the better song and you replied with definitely not made me worry about it.
Vila i frid Dag

Dr. Fleischman

Million Reasons is a good, solid, classic sounding song but you can hear many of them when you're into country/american folk music. The song doesn't stand out that much and I bet it won't explode on the charts. Perfect Illusion has some nice production, it sounds interesting, I like it better.

B Steady

My God, PI is so powerful, absolutely love it! Million Reasons is probably my second favorite song of this album.
Tracks 1-7 are all amazing!
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

I'm not feeling the album. Not even the Florence Welch featured song.
I absolutely agree with Patrick Carney from Black Keys about Perfect Illusion.

To me, the problem is vocal overproduction. Like... does she need to prove something?
She made it, now she can do whatever she wants.

nanofives

What does overproduction means? I feel like she did all the vocal parts in one take with little work on harmonies or those little touches like multiple vocal parts or effects. I'm talking about the whole album... Though I think that the only reason I feel it's contemporary and not a plain country/rock record it's because bloodpop and the samples and instruments that I've already seen in his past work.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: nanofives on October 28, 2016, 09:31:30 AM
What does overproduction means? I feel like she did all the vocal parts in one take with little work on harmonies or those little touches like multiple vocal parts or effects. I'm talking about the whole album... Though I think that the only reason I feel it's contemporary and not a plain country/rock record it's because bloodpop and the samples and instruments that I've already seen in his past work.

Oversing.