• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Does Max Martin learn anything from Diane Warren's songs?

Started by fantasyvn, February 03, 2016, 04:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantasyvn

It is said that Max Martin and his colleagues are more melodic than many American songwriters.

However, it seems to me that Diane Warren, one of the most successful songwriters in recent times, is also melodic.

Given Diane Warren's status in American pop music, do you think Max Martin has studied her songs? Is there any similar trick used by both?

Thank you

Cheiron Meets Thizz

I'm not sure, I haven't (knowingly) heard enough of her music to say for sure but perhaps they will work together one day

j.fco.morales

Could it be, but Max is heavily influenced by glam metal and The Beatles.

Cheiron Meets Thizz

Do you know of any interviews where he comments on The Beatles?

bugmenot

Sandberg ... later recalled the handful of recordings his parents had in their collection:  ... "the Beatles one where they look down from the balcony," ...

Put them all altogether and you've got Max Martin.

Blank Space: What Kind of Genius Is Max Martin? by john seabrook

Rebecca

Also, in this article:
http://www.swedishsongs.de/smf/index.php?topic=3200.0

http://www.sviv.se/blog/2015/10/las-senaste-numret-av-svenskar-i-varldens-tidning/

I put it into Google translate, and Max says that "Max Martin have looked up to since the Beatles He was small, and does not want to beat them".