• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Sampled/stolen guitar riff from "Whataya want from me" - Bakkushan

Started by turnaround, August 02, 2012, 03:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Hi,
there is a German band called Bakkushan and they have a song on their album where they copy the riff of "Whataya want from me"

Can someone confirm that they use the exact same notes?

http://www.qobuz.com/album/kopf-im-sturm-bakkushan/5099970432756

Listen to Track #10 "Parallel" by clicking Button "Ecouter"

The bit comes after the chorus...... :o
And I liked it..

Joshua

Technically it's only two successive chords that are the same as "Whataya Want From Me", but they are played in the same rhythm, and the top end note on each just happens to be the same melody too. But having said that, I wouldn't really call it a sample. It's like "One Thing", only two notes and chords the same, yet the overall feel gives the impression it's a "I Want It That Way" rip off. Doesn't mean to say the writers weren't "inspired" by the other song, even if it was sub-consciously. ;D

Speaking of rip offs, has anyone heard Rami's "I Wish" on the One Direction album? The intro is very "Please Don't Leave Me".

turnaround

Good explanation, thanks.
Oh yes, I also get the "Please don't leave me"-feeling on "I wish".

And I liked it..

Rebecca

oh yes, you're right, "I Wish" does have a similar intro. I love "I Wish"

Joshua

Quote from: Rebecca on August 05, 2012, 01:45:17 AM
I love "I Wish"

Me too, I bought the album the other day and I'm really enjoying the whole thing. I was thinking, what if it was Max who ripped off Rami's work when he made "Please Don't Leave Me"?!? Like with "U + Ur Hand", but this time not crediting Rami. All silly speculation of course, it crossed my mind though. Then I thought, wow, what if Rami also went uncredited in "I Want It That Way", and he's proving a point to Max by using all his uncredited contributions on One Direction songs hahaha. ;D In all seriousness though, I hate the thought that Max & Rami don't get along, I really hope it's all complete nonsense.

Rebecca

I only recently bought One Direction's cd as well and I love it, it's very enjoyable. Yes, I also hate the thought that Max and Rami don't get along anymore!