• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Jessie J - "One More Try" (Max Martin)

Started by Feelgoodlies, August 30, 2014, 02:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex

She's the best at sinking her own career. Even Justin Bieber has taken longer to achieve it

georg_e

EIGHT writers for this turkey?!  What a waste.  I just Googled the five biggest songs of the last couple of years I could think of off the top of my head....."Happy", "Gangnam Style". "Royals", "Blurred Lines" and "Call Me Maybe".
The average per song is two--three writers: the only exception is "Call Me Maybe" with four.

Less is MORE!!

Jules

I quite like "Burnin' Up".

Btw, definetely no Max involvement here:

WRITTEN BY: Andreas Schuller / Eric Frederic / Chloe Angelides / Jacob Kasher Hindlin / Rickard Göransson / Gamal Lewis / Tauheed Epps / Jessica Cornish
PRODUCED BY: Brandon Bonfiglio / Axident / Ricky Reed

j.fco.morales

I think this will be another flop and she will be dropped.

AdamKhan

8 bloody writers on one song !

I must say ricky reed is a great writer/producer. He has been on fire recently. Looking forward to hearing the claude kelly co written tune 'Strip' previous album had much better writers/producers on it. oh well

Rebecca

I don't hate it, but it's pretty bad. It's a pity, she has a great voice. All those writers is ridiculous.

j.fco.morales

The album is out.
And I didn't like it, as I expected.

Jules

I changed my mind about "Burnin' Up" from 'I like it' to 'I love it' by now! And the album is really good too.
I also ordered her previous two albums now as they were cheap on amazon. ^^

turnaround

Jessie J - One More Try (from "& Juliet")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX1uCSSFBtU

David West Read
Ilya Salmanzadeh
Max Martin
Oscar Holter
Peter Svensson
Savan Kotecha

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/6fSYj7FqFFj0KAvDOjIFwr?si=TKu1RoNfS7eqq1razBycGA[/spotify]
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/a37253621/jessie-j-apologized-to-nicki-minaj-ariana-grande-bang-bang-story-wrong/

Have you seen this?

"Max Martin wrote 'Bang Bang,' and Ariana had been played it, I'd been played it, and we both loved it. We just said, 'Why don't we both do it?' So Ariana stayed on the second verse, I recorded the first verse, and then Nicki was played it in the studio and was like, 'I've got to jump on this.' We didn't go to her and ask; she wanted to do it. I'll never forget: I was in my bedroom in my flat in London, and I got sent the version with Nicki on it. I just sat at the end of my bed holding my phone, staring at the floor, going, 'How the fuck did I land this?' I literally felt like I'd won a competition."

And Nicki said on Twitter:

"Babe @JessieJ I didn't hear the song & ask 2 get on it," she tweeted. "The label asked me 2 get on it & paid me. How would I have heard the song? Chiiille what am I the damn song monitor? Snoopin around for songs chile? This was said by another artist recently as well. Y'all gotta stop Love U."

As far as I remember, Bang Bang was written for Ariana and she wasn't feeling it. The guys reworked the track and showed the new version to Ariana and told her Jessie J would record the song. 

Here's a Rolling Stone article from 2014: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jessie-j-why-bang-bang-is-a-song-young-women-need-to-hear-83185/

What do you guys think? And I think Nicki would have done a great verse on Do It Like A Dude, it's a great record.

nanofives

It's understandable that these misconceptions happen when everyone works on their own and no one even meets at the studio.
But Jessie J has been somewhat consistent with her version of the story since the very beginning, I guess no one told her it was wrong, or no one reads Jessie J's interviews.

melodicmoonlight

Also, Nicki sounds insecure by having a problem with the notion that she asked to hop on the song. What is the shame in that even if it were true? How could anyone see desperation? Makes no sense, seeing as how she's been a feature on dozens of songs and in fact built her following based on those said features/collabs.

She's petty for the sake of it and I feel like Jessie J is nothing but a sweetheart and well-intentioned. Ugh. Talking crap over a song that was a hit for you and amplified your star power even more with the strong female collab. That song was everywhere back in 2014 or whenever it was released. Biting the hand that feeds you / disrespectful

j.fco.morales

Well, Nicki wasn't the big star she is at that time. She got paid for a feature where she probably wasn't very into but did it anyway as a career move but guys, you can't tell she is not really into pop or stuff. She's a hardcore hip-hop fan, very influenced by 90's rap and to me, looks like she did pop in order to get attention. Maybe that's the reason she acts that way about her pop collaborations.

nanofives

How many pop collaborations do you have to make in order not to be considered hardcore hip-hop fan?
She's also considered a singer besides a rapper.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 13, 2021, 05:07:57 PM
Well, Nicki wasn't the big star she is at that time. She got paid for a feature where she probably wasn't very into but did it anyway as a career move but guys, you can't tell she is not really into pop or stuff. She's a hardcore hip-hop fan, very influenced by 90's rap and to me, looks like she did pop in order to get attention. Maybe that's the reason she acts that way about her pop collaborations.

Nahh don't agree at all with this. Super Bass was her breakout solo hit and was super pop. Then Starships, Whip It. Working with Dr. Luke and RedOne who at the time were pure pop hit makers.

Her first two albums melded hip-hop/rap and pop together frequently. Especially Roman's Revenge and Pink Friday Reloaded. Va Va Voom, Masquerade. Then later, The Night Is Still Young (notably all Dr. Luke songs). All of this was before Bang Bang even came about, with the Pink Print coming the same year. But prior, she was full hyper hip-hop meets pop and super campy about it.

I think it's only since the album Queen that she's wanted to return back to those hip-hop roots to somehow gain more credibility for her act. But instead she's capitalized off being "Ms. Petty"