• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Taylor Swift - current album "evermore" (no Max Martin)

Started by turnaround, August 23, 2017, 06:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGDkg3QiJmk

Taylor Performs "Wildest Dreams" at The GRAMMY Museum

This version is my favourite by far. I always saw Wildest Dreams as an attempt to do a poppier Lana del Rey song.

bugmenot

Nobody who has a taste in music will prefer this Wildest Dreams over the original.
The arrangement and sound are so plain and harsh. It doesn't feel nostalgic, lovely, warm, lanadelreyish etc.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on September 18, 2021, 04:56:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGDkg3QiJmk

Taylor Performs "Wildest Dreams" at The GRAMMY Museum

This version is my favourite by far. I always saw Wildest Dreams as an attempt to do a poppier Lana del Rey song.

I think she's been quoted saying LDR was an inspo behind the song?

I remember around this time in 2014 when I first listened to Wildest Dreams walking through the park in Brooklyn, right when 1989 came out. The changing Autumn leaves, cool weather, and first hearing tthe layered vocals and euphoric melody of the song. Such a strong sensory association.

Out of all versions, I actually prefer the radio mix with the stronger percussion and drums. Feels more epic.

j.fco.morales

bugmenot

I was right, you all were wrong when said there will be no Max!
Max isn't working with poor-work-ethic people.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: getawaydriver on November 11, 2021, 04:52:22 PM
By the way, the album leaked if anyone cares to listen to it a little bit early. I'm just gonna wait till tonight 'cause I've already waited 5 months so 🤷‍♂️ not really a point. "Message in a Bottle" is apparently a huge bop, though, so I'm excited!

I just listened to Message in a Bottle and no joke it's a huge bop. Amazing melody that is pure Max. Really fantastic pop song.

nanofives

I'm surprised, I thought the production was going to be VERY similar to the original version, just like Fearless (Taylor's Version) but it doesn't seem to be the case, Taylor really changed things a little bit with this album, the Max and Shellback songs are not better but it's a breath of fresh air nonetheless.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: getawaydriver on November 12, 2021, 01:19:06 PM
The mixes are strange as well; why do the vocals seem so loud in the mix?

I thought the same thing at first listen.

Mixing Engineer: Bryce Bordone, Serban Ghenea
Produced by Christopher Rowe.

nanofives

Weirdly enough wildest dreams (Taylor's version) sounds way more polished than the other 4 Max's songs from red.

Snipes3000

Also sounds like a Fearless album track imo, topline wise at least
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/3tGq7hWDCtrnL83y5OGual?si=cea7045dd6814860[/spotify]

Subtle changes (and I like it), I like that Taylor is considering using the remixes from the Swedes, she did twice in the past for Elvira's remixes.
I hope Fat Max Gsus becomes the next big thing alongside Elvira, are they part of the Wolf Cousins?

bugmenot

He isn't a part of WC, he is a classmate or maybe just a childhood friend of Shellback. Nepotism in its finest.

Did TS team were afraid to write "Jesus" in song's title? Why Fat Max G?

McCartneyMartin

Maybe it because that Max Martin (Sandberg) and the boys are Jews That's why they were afraid to have Jesus in the title.

AlexanderLaBrea

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on January 29, 2022, 03:12:49 PM
Maybe it because that Max Martin (Sandberg) and the boys are Jews That's why they were afraid to have Jesus in the title.

Pretty safe to say it has to do with Taylor, or at least her management.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: nanofives on January 28, 2022, 01:36:04 PM
[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/3tGq7hWDCtrnL83y5OGual?si=cea7045dd6814860[/spotify]

Subtle changes (and I like it), I like that Taylor is considering using the remixes from the Swedes, she did twice in the past for Elvira's remixes.
I hope Fat Max Gsus becomes the next big thing alongside Elvira, are they part of the Wolf Cousins?

I like the remix a lot better.

The beat is very similar to Heart to Break by Kim Petras. Might even be the same bpm?