• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Maroon 5 - New song "What Lovers Do"

Started by gm33, May 19, 2014, 04:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

J_A24

Rex

Even the video is similar to birthday. If the song highest spot on hot 100 is 17, the omen will come true  :P

turnaround

#6 on the billboard hot 100. To be honest, I'm not a big fan.
And I liked it..

sweetmelody

Quote from: turnaround on January 29, 2015, 11:09:42 PM
#6 on the billboard hot 100. To be honest, I'm not a big fan.

Same here. Maroon 5 is on a roll though, so it's no surprise how well it's been charting.

j.fco.morales

Weird, because this album seems to me like it's not that successfull... like a low profile success.

Adam B

More than half of the popuation are female.. soo

I guess there's a lot of potential buyers for this

sweetmelody

The album itself is not a success as far as sales (in fact, it's the lowest number of their careers and they haven't even cracked 1m), but that depends on what standards you are using for measuring success. You can't compare these sales to previous years because the music business is just not the same. The only artist selling albums like it's 1999 is Taylor Swift. Maroon 5's success is coming via streaming, radio, touring, merchandise, etc. They are still easily one of the biggest bands in the world and will make millions upon millions each year, especially Adam.

Rex

sweetmelody

Quote from: Rex on March 27, 2015, 10:37:35 PM
I think they're looking for that final push to reach top of the charts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_eCQYK4a2Q

Looks like it'll work. #1 on radio this week and all signs pointing to #1 on Billboard. Looks like Luke will keep his mentor from another #1 for now...

turnaround

News:

Maroon 5 "This Summer's Gonna Hurt" is a new single by the American band allegedly part of a "V" album repack. "This Summer's Gonna Hurt" is out on May 26.

Performed on The Voice ...... Again a Shellback worldwide summer hit?

That would be cool.
And I liked it..