• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Did they steal BSBs "Drowning"?

Started by hits, March 26, 2007, 02:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hits

Gotta wait about 10secs for the sound

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cUq2528a1n4

Wouldnt be the first time that a big producer or artist rips someone off.

Rebecca

hmm very interesting, it does sound very very similar

funny, a guy from Sweden just emailed me the other day (I was just about to update my website on it) and he told me that the chorus for Drowning is very inspired by the song "Långsamt farväl" written by Mauro Scocco for Lisa Nilsson.

Does anyone know much about the band that sings the song on YouTube?

hits

Quote from: "Rebecca"hmm very interesting, it does sound very very similar

funny, a guy from Sweden just emailed me the other day (I was just about to update my website on it) and he told me that the chorus for Drowning is very inspired by the song "Långsamt farväl" written by Mauro Scocco for Lisa Nilsson.

I dont.. I'm not even Swedish. But interesting nevertheless. I assume that the song is in Swedish, which would put Rami and the people who he co-wrote the song with in a very bad position. Makes you wonder if they also ripped off any other unknown Swedish songs. Most of the time you dont even hear about these "cases". The musicians who get ripped off usually dont have the money to fight a big record label, and have no other chance but to surrender

turnaround

Quote from: "Rebecca"hmm very interesting, it does sound very very similar

This Langsamt farväl is really extremely similar.
It was also co-written by Aside.

The intro for "Drowning" was also used for "All or nothing" by O-town if you ask me.

The song from the link is really similar.
And I liked it..

hits

Quote from: "turnaround"

The intro for "Drowning" was also used for "All or nothing" by O-town if you ask me.

I second that.

Rebecca

Hi, a guy emailed me from Sweden and he found that:

"the song is called "Älä sana huomisesta" and the band is Hausmylly from Finland.
It´s claimed the song is from 1995"

Feelgoodlies

Wooo...I think it doesn't sound very similar,glad to hear these tunes again specially if the song is new,at least I can say that Swedish Pop is back.