• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Anitta - Girl From Rio (Max Martin?)

Started by nanofives, January 10, 2022, 03:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/album/2TPl41Riu1SDbHoxhCIo2D?si=Gib7P51vQ3aPe0raYSOgmA[/spotify]

The album is out.

You know what's weird to me at first listen? It's way too safe, bland. It could be anyone singing these type of songs and Anitta's potencial was being an edgier brazilian girl, openly sexual and with a cool personality.

The songs don't reflect that.
I expected brazilian club bangers like Bum Tan Tan, Bola Rebola, Vai Malandra or something like Boa Noite by Karol Conka with a female rapper like Megan Thee Stallion o just brazilian infused tracks mixed with pop produced BY BRAZILIAN PRODUCERS.

A missed opportunity from my perspective.

nanofives

Not even she didn't stick with her Brazilian roots, she didn't even go full English pop like in Boys Don't Cry (which I actually think it's one of the best songs I've heard from Rami in a long time), the rest of the album is quite boring and lacking of personality.

She said in an interview a few months ago that there would be Max's songs all over the album, that she had to scrap all the project to try again with a more Swedish pop formula, it seems that this is not the case. Did her management just said no to that? Maybe she went back to her original project? Nothing about this album makes sense.
There's no way Ryan Tedder would have produced on his own Gata which for me it's a cheap reggaetón song with no elements from previous Ryan's songs.

melodicmoonlight

She definitely went "full pop" on the title track as well, not just Boys Don't Cry. Versions of Me is an insanely catchy 80s-tinged pop song. Obsessed with it

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on April 16, 2022, 08:52:46 PM
She definitely went "full pop" on the title track as well, not just Boys Don't Cry. Versions of Me is an insanely catchy 80s-tinged pop song. Obsessed with it
thank you for recommending, I liked it. I wasn't gonna listen to the whole album from the previous two comments before yours.

j.fco.morales

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/53y0mmxDWZ0oBIpBgDVI4T?si=3fa125729e2a4c31[/spotify]

Miley only sang the second verse and ate up Anitta on her own song.
Amazing vocals.

nanofives