• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ola - I'm In Love, Maybe and Jackie Kennedy, Tonight I'm Yours (Shellback)

Started by turnaround, April 26, 2012, 04:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

I don't like that chorus. At all.

The production sounds good though, reminds me of Agnes Carlsson latest release.

J_A24

I think the chorus is very good, but the verses kinda disappoint 'cause Ola's vocals sound dead, he can belt out the big notes though.

Joshua

Yeah in the first verse his low vocal sounds like Example to me, not sure it needs to knock your socks off at that point though, so I think it's fine. I'm in love with the chorus more than anything, it really grabs me in a anthemic sort of way.

J_A24

I think that song suits him pretty well, his vocals just explode in the chorus.

turnaround

Quote from: Out on July 21, 2013, 12:56:35 PM
Two more songs on ascap with quite promising line-up + new song that I guess was written with Urban Cone.

Jackie Kennedy (Alexander Kronlund, Shellback, Svante Halldin, Jakob Hazell, Ola)
Tonight I'm Yours (Alexander Kronlund, Shellback, Patrik Berger, Dimitri Stassos, Max Grahn, Kristofer Östergren, Ola)
German Ola fansite posted that "Jackie Kennedy" will be the next single :D

Maybe they have separate singles for different countries.
And I liked it..

Joshua

Quote from: turnaround on September 01, 2013, 11:54:12 AM
German Ola fansite posted that "Jackie Kennedy" will be the next single :D

Maybe they have separate singles for different countries.

Yeah "Jackie Kennedy" is mentioned on his Facebook page as the new international single and follow-up to "I'm In Love", they're releasing it in Italy first of course. I guess they might release "Maybe" outside of Sweden after that.

Meanwhile, here's a pic from the upcoming "Maybe" video, I can't wait!

Joshua

Khan9898

Love Jackie Kennedy, sounds like a funkier version of "Barbara Streisand".

j.fco.morales

Sounds like Moves Like Jagger to me, who produced this? Shellback and Benny Blanco?

I like Kim Cesarion's new single better.

Jules

Khan9898

They probably want to dominate small markets first rather than having unbalanced charts with it being released everywhere, smart move.

turnaround

I don't get the release strategy.

"I'm in love" was a big hit in Italy and so they (and Malta) get Jackie Kennedy. But does it do anything there?

I thought "Maybe" was the Swedish single. Did it chart?

I want that album NOW.
And I liked it..

Jules

According to scandipop it's to 'reward' Italy for getting "I'm In Love" so high up the Italian charts. Uhm... ???

Quote from: turnaround on September 21, 2013, 08:45:11 PM
I don't get the release strategy. [...] does it do anything there?

Uhm yes. It holds the #73 spot in Italy. Wow.  :o
And in Malta it is..uhm... nowhere in sight within the TOP200 chart - but considering that they currently have Bruno Mars' "Just The Way You Are" and Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars" in their TOP10, maybe we should give "Jackie" a good couple of years to make its way to the top. LOL

Quote from: Khan9898 on September 21, 2013, 06:52:28 PM
They probably want to dominate small markets first rather than having unbalanced charts with it being released everywhere, smart move.

Well I still think labels are releasing music for no other reason than cold hard CASH - and I doubt they'll earn much of that by releasing it exclusively to MALTA (where it doesn't even make the TOP200 lol).

I don't get the point of iTunes' stupid country restrictions anyways - once a song is out in one local iTunes store, it takes a day and the file is available for illegal download all over the net. Then tons of people who are waiting for the song to become available download it illegally just for the simple reason that it's not available in their country's local store. RCs lose SO MUCH money due to that.

So why not put a song out in ALL the iTunes stores worldwide from day one?

Joshua

I figured they think "Jackie Kennedy" will perform better in Italy and Malta given it's similar vibe to "I'm In Love", and they think it'll keep the winning streak going.

I'm getting impatient for the "Maybe" music video.