• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Avril Lavigne - Rock n Roll (not produced by Max Martin)

Started by turnaround, April 08, 2013, 11:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

Quote from: DSonthebeat on October 07, 2013, 09:34:31 PM
My god, I just listened to "Let me go", what a HIT!!! Top production, top vocals, top harmonies and composition, I hope for a great video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA-uT1jE4O4#t=106

Woah, love this! Melody and chords are kind of magical, in an "Ordinary World" kind of way.

turnaround

And I liked it..

rhythmic5

woah, Let Me Go has a really dope progression (b minor with I, III, VII, IV)! love the borrowed major tonic... sounds like a 90s alt. radio rock throwback. great melodies too (can't believe I'm saying this about the work of the Nickelback guy haha).

J_A24

Quote from: rhythmic5 on October 15, 2013, 03:35:50 PM
woah, Let Me Go has a really dope progression (b minor with I, III, VII, IV)! love the borrowed major tonic... sounds like a 90s alt. radio rock throwback. great melodies too (can't believe I'm saying this about the work of the Nickelback guy haha).
Chad Kroeger is the canadian version of Max Martin. You can hate Nickelback all you want, but his melodies are effin' amazing. Only thing about "Let me go" is that it sounds too much like a Nickelback song.

The chord progression is cool, I love the "Epic and haunting" vibe.

turnaround

Released in Germany - and I'm really into this. It's very poppy, reminds me of the old Avril from her debut. I guess this was her intention.

Will try to do a rating later. But first impression is very good.
And I liked it..

Joshua

Both Germany and Australia got the release today, I was so tempted to grab it but was short on cash and went for Katy instead. I trust your instincts on it though so I'll pick it up next week.

j.fco.morales

I'm not really feeling it, though.

I'd like her to try a more alternative and edgier sound, it's too pop and it's playing safe.
Or even making songs with the same people as always: Luke, Max Martin and try something with Butch Walker or Greg Kurstin.

J_A24

I think her music is fine, but her persona just doesn't click anymore with the mainstream audience. She has slowly become irrelevant.

Joshua

Quote from: J_A24 on November 02, 2013, 07:56:27 PM
I think her music is fine, but her persona just doesn't click anymore with the mainstream audience. She has slowly become irrelevant.

I think you're right, she's the chick with attitude and it's just not what the current generation are going for. She seems fully aware of it though, given the lyrics of "Rock N Roll". Maybe her time will come back around.

turnaround

"Hush, hush", really gets me. Amazing track. Exactly how Avril must sound.
And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: turnaround on November 03, 2013, 06:50:10 PM
"Hush, hush", really gets me. Amazing track. Exactly how Avril must sound.

I agree. It almost feels/sounds like "the real" Avril to me

Jules

maxmartin'sfan

Rebecca

I think this is her best album. My favourite is still Rock n Roll, but I like the rest of the album too.

melodicmoonlight

remembering when everyone here was SO SURE that Rock N Roll sounded like a Max Martin production. people who "loved him," "knew his work," etc were dead set on it and I always knew he didn't. album booklet is out obviously and Peter Svensson, Martin Johnson, and some other guy did it.