• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Lady Gaga - Stupid Love (Max Martin)

Started by turnaround, February 26, 2020, 11:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

Quote from: B Steady on May 29, 2020, 10:53:36 PM
Have you learned a new word? "Reductive" lol.
Generic? No.
No concept?! Are you deaf?

You just disqualified your self.

Reductive. Look it up.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: nanofives on May 29, 2020, 07:36:50 PM
Well I think you're right but that seems to be the intention of the album in the first place. Gaga has always been a conceptual artist with a lot of talent to make a point in this industry. But she has been failing to deliver a proper danceable album since born this way.

All those things you mentioned might be despicable coming from a new artist, but for Gaga it's whole another story.
She needs to make a straight up rock/metal album before her voice can't hit the notes anymore.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on May 29, 2020, 07:31:15 PM
Guys, really?

It's reductive. AF. It's a like playlist of short songs, generic, no concept, pointless lyrics. Cheesy.

I agree w/the criticism of the short song lengths and cheesiness. Some of the tracks (Replay, Plastic Doll, Fun Tonight) have very generic and cheesy euro-house-dance production that lacks uniqueness. The sound starts to get repetitive on a lot of the tracks...

After a few listens, her voice is also very screechy on parts. I'm not a fan of the vocal production. Someone with her vocal heft and brass needs very specific fine-tuning and production. Benjamin Rice may be good on ASIB-type songs, but not big, thundering, over-the-top dance anthems.

B Steady

If you say it's generic you just don't feel it (in this case).
The production is top notch and they wanted it this way. And not because they're lazy but because they've had a concept for this album.
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

I mean, I understand the influences and all that stuff -I grew up listening to house back in the 90's- and that's why I found this project reductive and not convincing and I'm fine but not very interested.

Sometimes I think you have to widen your musical listening.
It's been done better. Countless times. That's my point.

backgammonfiend

chromatica really exposed all the members among us who can't stand bloodpop .

i am one of them

i'm not even gonna comment anymore you can discern how i feel about these songs. The fuck did rami even do

gaga stays irrelevant, she got bodied on the charts by MOOD RING hahahahahahahaha. Stream Mood Ring

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: backgammonfiend on May 31, 2020, 06:45:37 AM

i am one of them

i'm not even gonna comment anymore you can discern how i feel about these songs. The fuck did rami even do

gaga stays irrelevant, she got bodied on the charts by MOOD RING hahahahahahahaha. Stream Mood Ring

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9394719/rain-on-me-debuts-atop-hot-100-lady-gaga-ariana-grande

Both Ariana and Lady Gaga are at number one!!! Remi gets his second number one since 2000! Cheers for all three of them.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: backgammonfiend on May 31, 2020, 06:45:37 AM

i am one of them

literally this. As far as I can tell, he probably contributed to strictly melodies like "Oooh" and "Aaahhh" type melodies.

interspectacular

I mixed Chromatica with Ben Rice... interesting to see everyone's reactions, I'm a bit disappointed you guys aren't into it (I've been coming here for almost 7-8 years now)!

since it's relevant to this forum, it was really fun working with Rami. he had a lot of cool stories about doing endless vocal comps and vocal mixes for BSB songs in the 90s, and working with max, etc. when we were finishing Rain On Me, the vocal and instrumental thoughts he had were great and helped i think add more clarity to Gaga/Ari's delivery. max also gave great notes on which melodies to highlight... I think they had to do with the chorus before the 2nd post, but I cant remember exactly.

i heard many of the songs pre-Rami and while the spirit was there, he certainly added parts that made them more exciting or added depth.

nanofives

OMG, that's so amazing. Well, not everyone here are not into it. I still think that working with different producers that helped BloodPop made the difference. But after almost 2 weeks listening to it daily I've found out that the Chromatica interludes are the best parts of the album and how well they connect with each following song.

Thanks for sharing your experience, and any kind of story is relevant to this forum, being a mixer you know best how each writer and producer shaped each song. I'm mostly curious to know how was to mix Sine From Above, with so many names. I've heard in an interview that Axwell had that demo with Elton from the beginning and he sent it to Gaga.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: interspectacular on June 09, 2020, 07:30:25 AM
I mixed Chromatica with Ben Rice... interesting to see everyone's reactions, I'm a bit disappointed you guys aren't into it (I've been coming here for almost 7-8 years now)!

since it's relevant to this forum, it was really fun working with Rami. he had a lot of cool stories about doing endless vocal comps and vocal mixes for BSB songs in the 90s, and working with max, etc. when we were finishing Rain On Me, the vocal and instrumental thoughts he had were great and helped i think add more clarity to Gaga/Ari's delivery. max also gave great notes on which melodies to highlight... I think they had to do with the chorus before the 2nd post, but I cant remember exactly.

i heard many of the songs pre-Rami and while the spirit was there, he certainly added parts that made them more exciting or added depth.

Very cool backstory, thanks for sharing! Did you have a hand in vocal mixing or production?

The songs have grown on me exponentially in the last week since my first impressions. The melodies are strong, even if her vocal delivery is sometimes grating or if some of her inflection/pronunciation is questionable. I get nit-picky because I've been listening to pop for so long and expect certain standards. But I actually respect Gaga for pushing against the pop norms and daring to sound bold and unrestrained. 

Songs like Fun Tonight, Enigma, and Replay, which previously felt lackluster to me, are actually quite catchy. They shine in their own way, even if they're not as explosive and euphoric as Rain on Me and Free Woman. I find myself singing along and enjoying them. The 1-2 punch of Sine into 1000 Doves (and then into the celebratory Babylon) is great and closes out the album with drama. It's so easy to listen to the album in full and then repeat cycle.

j.fco.morales

I still can't believe the Sophie songs were scrapped... it makes me mad.