• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Stronger (2000) vs Pound the Alarm (2012)

Started by gm33, September 08, 2012, 07:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gm33

Both use a standard fog horn, but thought it was interesting that with a bit of tweaking, you can make both fog horns sound almost the same!

I put this little video together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAKYZlTjD8w&hd=1

Rami is reusing the fog horn 12 years later! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Raul_esp

Joshua

Haha, great work. :) I didn't know Rami produced "Pound The Alarm", I honestly thought it was another RedOne production. I guess he knew in his head that he needed a sound along those lines, and went with what's familiar because it works, with a bit of tweaking as you say.

By the way, I love your signature gm33! I read it in the article too and thought it was an awesome quote.

Feelgoodlies

Linda

It's also used in Herbie's 'Right type of Mood'

nznexus

i actually noticed this for some time ago. i was like, isnt this the same sound from stronger?

anyway! Isnt it a electric guitar and not a horn?
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Joshua

Oh yeah I totally forgot about it in "Right Type Of Mood", it features quite heavily in that. I'm positive it's not from an electric guitar, it may seem similar because of the distortion effect on it, but it'd just be from some old keyboard or sampler from the early 90's.

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

MicH

My best bet is same sound/preset from the same keyboard/module

B Steady

I noticed that too few months ago but that video is just awesome! great work!!
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag