• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

arranging instruments

Started by royeei, December 04, 2012, 12:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

royeei

Hi guys, i have recently started producing in cubase and later i will ask bigger question about this , but now i want to ask a little question.
i far from being professional musician, i have necessary knowledge in music and keyboard playing that enough for start working with cubase.  i try to learn a little about arranging for instruments, and i want to ask if someone can define to me to role of the wha wha guitar in Baby one more time? of course that i will be happy to know what every note does but i know it is difficult so can you tell me in general what this guitar does ? maybe the rhythm , or some other general definition.

here is original playback of this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U2xvHibhJU

georg_e

Hi Royeei,    well I would say after listening twice to the instrumental track of this song, the guitar has two main functions.....

1)  On the verses, it's more for funky color, with those little bluesy wah-wah runs/fills  2) On the pre-chorus and chorus it serves a more rhythmic function, cuz if you notice the wah-wah parts are played directly on the beat in pre-chorus/chorus.   But mainly, it just makes the song funky as hell!! :-)

rhythmic5

here are the stems to the song, so you can hear yourself what's going on!

http://uploaded.net/file/20smiqsp

gm33

@ rhythmic5   This is the most incredible thing ever! I have no idea how you have these, but I've been in audacity for hours listing to every note on every track! It's so incredible to hear Max's work broken down like this.I just loved hearing the drums by themselves and I of course loved hearing Max and Nana on the backing tracks!

You don't happen to have any more do you????

SO AMAZING. Thank you!!   :D :D :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

A.R.T.

rhythmic5, thx 4 posting this !!)) 

Joshua

Woohoo, I had heard clips of these stems but didn't know anyone had the full versions! So cool to hear that a lot of the sounds are quite basic, just used so incredibly well. The backing vocals to me really take this song to another level, especially Max on "one more time". The funky guitar and bass add a flavour to it that seemed really fresh at the time, Max also did this in "It's The Things You Do" by Five. I'm not sure if there's anything more complicated behind it than that though. Thanks for posting. :)

rhythmic5

I don't have any other cheiron-era stems unfortunately, but I'm always looking

an exercise I like to do when studying multitracks is to mute as many tracks as I can, and still retain the "vibe" of the song... it seems with baby one more time that you can only mute the guitar before it starts sounding too empty. though, I think the most important parts (besides the lead vox) are definitely the piano hook, bg vocals, the slap bass pops, and the impact sounds (the orch hits).

I think its cool how they layered louder bass pops on top of the bass track, instead of just automating the volume of the original bass track to be louder during the pops.

royeei

Thanks a lot , is it something official, or someone did work on the finished truck?
I really want more of this, please update here if you will have more or know where can we achieve.

AdamKhan

I have the P!nk - Raise your glass stems but its password protected :(

Joshua

Quote from: AdamKhan on December 07, 2012, 07:03:45 PM

Aaaaagh, we HAVE to get that password... somehow! :'(

Quote from: royeei on December 06, 2012, 03:38:01 PM
Thanks a lot , is it something official, or someone did work on the finished truck?

It has to be official, there's no way it could be pulled from the mixed version. Pretty cool to have it kicking around after all this time! :)

LG

Quote from: AdamKhan on December 07, 2012, 07:03:45 PM

PM me the file name

AdamKhan

I think its the real thing. Its almost a 1GB file. Impossible finding this password  :'(

ray

Quote from: rhythmic5 on December 04, 2012, 09:59:04 PM
here are the stems to the song, so you can hear yourself what's going on!

http://uploaded.net/file/20smiqsp

It's not working on my  tablet.   :(can someone please email me the .rar file. Please let me know. Then I will give you my email. Thanks!

royeei

Hi, do you have any option to measure bpm of audio track?
If yes, can you tell me the exact bpm of the stems of baby one more time that somebody uploaded it here above.
Thanks

Dominik