• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

DENNIZ POP - from DJ to LEGEND...

Started by ®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ, January 14, 2007, 03:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Before Denniz PoP started off his to-be very successful career, he was working as a DJ in several clubs in Stockholm. In the late 80's Denniz & a bunch of his DJ colleagues founded "Remixed Records". He released the single "Gimme Some Mo' (Bass On Me)" in 1988, a typical 80's club track reminding a bit of RunDMC.

In 1994, continuing his passion for club/dance tracks, he released the single "Pumping (To The Rhythm)" (Cheiron Records) under the synonym of "DRAXX" which Denniz PoP wrote & produced together with his friend Max Martin.

princessofegypt

Denniz was responsible for the Cheiron sound before Max took credit for it.

It's a shame that he's so overlooked and Max is treated like some sort of God.

Rebecca

No, Denniz is not overlooked, we are all very aware of his work and influence on the Cheiron songwriters and that whole Cheiron sound and dance and pop music. To me he is just as amazing as Max Martin. It's just that Denniz is dead and Max is alive and still making music (sometimes!).

Princess, it is a shame you think is Denniz is overlooked, though we don't talk about Denniz much it is mainly because it is all in the past, though I'm sure his influence lives on as do his songs.

Most people know Denniz was a mentor to Max and the other Cheiron songwriters.

If you have a problem that this forum is attached to maxmartinfansite, well, it's just because the site is meant to be a bit about the past but also the future and what's coming up.

Tommy Nelson

Rebecca

Linda

Yes I agree.. Its a really nice photo  :D

and he is my hero too  8)

turnaround

The photo really is nice.
And I liked it..

LemmyDecaution

Tomorrow on April 26 Dag Krister Volle aka Denniz PoP celebrates his 45th birthday in heaven.

to Denniz Pop and his family & friends!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Za3m_PX3ew

BennyJ

Quote from: princessofegypt on May 18, 2007, 05:59:02 AM

He's not overlooked but Max has his own sound which is (in my opinion) a lot better. I mean, after all, Denniz' songs sounded pretty much the same way:

- dance oriented
- too long
- simple structure and therefore predictable
- boring

Max sort of built up on this but has definitely gone a different way creating a real new pop sound. Max has had much more impact on the cheiron sound we know today. He seems to have a far better understanding of music theory than Denniz (just think of the rock stuff he does today) and he's got the ability to write catchy melodies. He's a perfectionist and you can hear that.

Actually, the greatest thing Denniz did was to hire Max ;D

LemmyDecaution

Back in the year of 1988 with SweMix and Remixed Records he was also credited as his real name Dag Volle. As a DJ he made lots of remixes legal as well as bootleg. Here's another remix for Remixed records 19. (Made using a razor in a basement in Stockholm.)

Mantronix - Gangster Boogie (Dag Volle Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xemw1YiA5eI

ahmed

Quote from: BennyJ on May 22, 2008, 10:56:33 PM
Quote from: princessofegypt on May 18, 2007, 05:59:02 AM

He's not overlooked but Max has his own sound which is (in my opinion) a lot better. I mean, after all, Denniz' songs sounded pretty much the same way:

- dance oriented
- too long
- simple structure and therefore predictable
- boring

Max sort of built up on this but has definitely gone a different way creating a real new pop sound. Max has had much more impact on the cheiron sound we know today. He seems to have a far better understanding of music theory than Denniz (just think of the rock stuff he does today) and he's got the ability to write catchy melodies. He's a perfectionist and you can hear that.

Actually, the greatest thing Denniz did was to hire Max ;D

agree with you that (Max sort of built up on this but has definitely gone a different way creating a real new pop sound. Max has had much more impact on the cheiron sound we know today. He seems to have a far better understanding of music theory than Denniz ) but i think that was during max's old pop sound, his new rock sound is good idea but it's very predictable and writing sexual explicit lyrics to it (in my opinion) make it lose its value,it's really sad because max used to write the best love songs and sensetive lyrics,

in my opinion the best ex-cheiron producer in the recent years is RAMI, he is the one who still keep the good quality of the song lyrically and musically,(just think about his work on westlife album and shayne ward album),even max martin's best rock song (in my opinion) is (I Still) which co-written and co-produced by Rami.

BennyJ

Quote from: Tommy Nelson on June 19, 2008, 08:08:52 PM
>:( Hello Benny J... I can not believe you are insulting Denniz PoP and will not stand for it!!! And on top of it, in his own "In memory of" section of the forum??? Where people are SUPPOSED to write things honorable about him in his memory? Who do you think you are!?!? How dare you! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about, and/or musical preference. But Denniz PoP is THE reason this forum (and this thread) and Cheiron (as it was) ever existed... Denniz taught Martin everything he knows about producing. Even Martin himself said he (Quote) "didn't even know what a producer was when Denniz hired him". He also said he (Quote) "spent 2 years day and night in the studio trying to figure out what was going on" So I would think twice before putting down Denniz and discrediting him in his own forum. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Cool down, I did not discredit him and I did not offend him ;D Just as you said: "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about, and/or musical preference". I just posted my opinion and I have good reason to think that way. You don't have to agree with me anyway. This is a forum, so everyone's invited to discuss a certain topic from their individual point of view.

Yes, Denniz founded cheiron. Yes, Denniz discovered Max. Yes, he taught him everything. But still, Max is (in my opinion) the better producer/songwriter. Denniz did a lot of great work, but Max has pushed it further in terms of versatility, production quality and musical complexity. This does NOT mean that  Denniz wasn't great, it just means that I think Max is better. Whether you like it or not :)

cheers  8)

LemmyDecaution

"Dagge" has done a lot of cool stuff and without him there wouldn't be any Ace of Base, Dr. Alban, E-Type or Backstreet Boys. He was the guy responsible for their success.
Here's an example. For SweMix he produced the entire Dr. Alban's "Hello Afrika" which is a true treasure for early 90’s nostalgia.

Hello Afrika – Dr. Alban

Tracklisting A:
A1   Intro (0:17)
A2   No Coke (6:58)
A3   Groove Machine II (2:08)
A4   Sweet Reggae Music (5:25)
Guitar - Chuck Anthony
Saxophone - Niklas Mascher 
A5   China Man (5:04)
Guitar - Chuck Anthony 
B1   The Alban Prelude (1:33)
B2   Hello Afrika (5:44)
Lyrics By, Written-By - Leila K 
B3   Proud! (To Be Afrikan) (4:16)
B4   Our Father (Pater Noster) (4:40)
B5   U & Mi (3:44)
Vocals [Vocal Guest Appearance By] - Ann Consuelo , Gladis Delpilar* 
B6   Hello Afrika (42 Street Mix) (6:29)
Remix - SweMix 

Text marked in white:

All tracks recorded at SweMix Studios
All tracks produced by Denniz Pop for SweMix * All music by Denniz Pop
All lyrics by Dr. Alban, except HELLO AFRIKA lyrics by Dr. Alban & Leila K.
ALL TRACKS PUBLISHED BY SweMix PUBLISHING & MISTY MUSIC

Backcover:

Text on sleeve:

All tracks recorded at SweMix Studios
All tracks produced by Denniz Pop for SweMix
All music by Denniz Pop
All lyrics by Dr. Alban, except HELLO AFRIKA lyrics by Dr. Alban & Leila K.
ALL TRACKS PUBLISHED BY SweMix PUBLISHING & MISTY MUSIC

Dr. Alban would like to thank:
Jah Rastatara, My Family, The SweMix Crew especially JM Fax and StoneBridge, Demba Conta, Asa Stolpe, Mats Andersson, The Safari Team: Poe Jatta, Omar Joof, Denise Lopez, Sadie Percell and Chuck Anthony, Groove Records, SAF Radio City especially DJ Niklas Ehring, Radio Lidingö, MRS and all the local radio stations that supported my first two singles and, Kevin for support, Leila K. for believing, Rob N' Raz for being so positive, Gladys for her fantastic voice, Ann for choiring, Helena for playing the flute, Niklas for playing the sax, Chris Cooke and Marcus Löffel for believing and, Kayo DaYeene, Tom and Alexandra, Broadcaster D, DJ Ludde, DJ Nille,James Peter Mäki, CoCo, Jonas Siljemark, Elisabeth, The Mandinka Nation, Micke Goulos, Tomas Gylling, Peter Öhman, Tom Hjelte, Jonas Holst, Oliver, Catta, Jeppe, DJ Ormen, The Nigerian Embassy in Stockholm for support, The SweMix DJ members for playing my records and, All of you out there that supported my first single: "Hello Afrika" - Without You this album never would have come true! And, of course Denniz PoP for making the music. Love You All And May Jah Be With You.
Dr. Alban.

Simply put, “Dagge” aka Denniz PoP, was AMAZING!
Your music is left in the hearts of true music lovers!

Raul_esp

yesterday it was the 10º aniversary of the death of denniz pop  :'( , R.I.P

Rebecca

Thanks for reminder Raul

I'm listening to Dr Alban's "Sing Hallelujah" right now!