• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

My Songs EDIT: NEW SONGS!

Started by cfalkosky, October 16, 2015, 04:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cfalkosky

EDIT: Thanks for listening! again!
NEW LINK:https://soundcloud.com/cody-falkosky/sets/cody-2016-favs/s-BHzlT

Hello Cheiron Songwriters forum,

I am a songwriter/producer recently moved to LA trying to make it.  Here are some of my favorite songs I've done up until this point.  All these I co-wrote with 1 or 2 other writers, and I was the sole producer and mixer.

https://soundcloud.com/cody-falkosky/sets/cody-2014-favs/s-1HxXX

Thank you for listening!

My goals in posting this:
1-(best case) meet someone who can help me mentor under max (which would be an honor)

2-meet people to collab with.  so many of you have great talent and I'd like to work together

3-get advice.  I did try my hardest when making these, however I know the road ahead is still long and much could be improved.  I am humble.  I  welcome and want any advice/criticism that can make my future melodies/production/mix better.

Thank you again for listening and being part of a community that loves great music!

Cody

emjay

Why are there no replies?!

Great work. Especially liking "It's Alright".

turnaround

Oh, these are catchy tunes. Nice style and the singer does a great job.

Good luck with these, have you sent them to some labels?

And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Sounds really good, great production and toplines.

The thing is: sounds way too pop and that reduces the array of artists to get a placement.

cfalkosky

Quote from: emjay on January 26, 2016, 12:46:19 AM
Why are there no replies?!

Great work. Especially liking "It's Alright".

Thank you emjay!  I really appreciate it!  I like It's Alright too!

Quote from: turnaround on January 26, 2016, 08:50:09 AM
Oh, these are catchy tunes. Nice style and the singer does a great job.

Good luck with these, have you sent them to some labels?

turnaround,

thanks man! she's great! Umm, I have not, honestly I'm not even at a level where I know how to "send stuff to labels" and have them actually listen... if you know anyone I would be honored to hear about it, especially if they kick it with max.  thanks again tho for the kind words!

Cody

Quote from: j.fco.morales on January 26, 2016, 04:56:38 PM
Sounds really good, great production and toplines.

The thing is: sounds way too pop and that reduces the array of artists to get a placement.

j.fco.morales,

thanks a lot! i appreciate the positive feedback.  yea I agree, things now are getting darker in sound and i'm going that way... array of placement is honestly something I haven't thought much about, I just try to make the dopest thing I can, but I should start trying to think of "scope" more.  Thanks for the tip

Cody

emjay

That's Charity Vance, isn't she on a label? Her EP with It's Alright is on iTunes, and she has a music video for it.

cfalkosky

Quote from: emjay on February 04, 2016, 08:08:03 PM
That's Charity Vance, isn't she on a label? Her EP with It's Alright is on iTunes, and she has a music video for it.

Yea emjay it's her but she's not on a label.  She paid for all of it herself.

emjay

^ Oh, okay. Very cool.

I really like the acoustic version of It's Alright also.

sand_bar

Quote from: cfalkosky on October 16, 2015, 04:21:48 AM
Hello Cheiron Songwriters forum,

I am a songwriter/producer recently moved to LA trying to make it.  Here are some of my favorite songs I've done up until this point.  All these I co-wrote with 1 or 2 other writers, and I was the sole producer and mixer.

https://soundcloud.com/cody-falkosky/sets/cody-2014-favs/s-1HxXX

Thank you for listening!

My goals in posting this:
1-(best case) meet someone who can help me mentor under max (which would be an honor)

2-meet people to collab with.  so many of you have great talent and I'd like to work together

3-get advice.  I did try my hardest when making these, however I know the road ahead is still long and much could be improved.  I am humble.  I  welcome and want any advice/criticism that can make my future melodies/production/mix better.

Thank you again for listening and being part of a community that loves great music!

Cody

Hey,

The first and third are very unlistenable to me, but Sound of a Heartbeat definitely has potential IMO. The deep male vocals are WAY too cheesy and unnecessary and ruin the vibe. The rap bridge seems really unnecessary, too and makes the song too long. But, the little fills he does could be replaced by her and might be cool.

The drums on SOAH are definitely cliche. I think even the unsophisticated listener would be turned off by the outdated feel.  You should make them more unique and your own by layering them. I think the song can be slightly less BPMs. But, really, it could be a great song with some changes :)

Oh yea, the intro is pretty good.

cfalkosky

Sand_bar,

Dude thanks for the super specific feedback! I can really tell u listened, I appreciate that.  I'll look into those tweaks u mentioned.  THANKS!

Emjay,

Thanks man! Looks like u did a little digging to find the acoustic version.  I like it acoustic as well.  Thanks!

sand_bar

Quote from: cfalkosky on February 06, 2016, 07:43:35 AM
Sand_bar,

Dude thanks for the super specific feedback! I can really tell u listened, I appreciate that.  I'll look into those tweaks u mentioned.  THANKS!

Emjay,

Thanks man! Looks like u did a little digging to find the acoustic version.  I like it acoustic as well.  Thanks!

No worries :) I didn't find the acoustic version, though. I'm talking about the version that's on the playlist you linked to.

tehuku

Nice tracks!
Offtopic question: I thought about moving to LA as well and start hustling but to live and work legally I need the green card. Did you go through the process as well or did you just go there?

cfalkosky

Quote from: tehuku on February 09, 2016, 05:06:13 PM
Nice tracks!
Offtopic question: I thought about moving to LA as well and start hustling but to live and work legally I need the green card. Did you go through the process as well or did you just go there?
tehuku,

i was born in the US so moving to LA wasn't much of a process for me.  Where r u from?

cody

j.fco.morales

I'm decided to move to LA as well!

sonnyblack2000

Definitely talented but feels like you re trying to make today s music and emulating the established producers instead of defining what makes you different and trying to do music fo tomorrow. It all felt real safe. Are you strictly in the box?