• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Hello!

Started by secski, August 13, 2008, 09:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Sabine*

Yes, his mentor Denniz Pop gave that nickname to him.
Max is born Martin Karl Sandberg, which is quite a common name in Sweden. Then Max was part of a metal band in the 1990's named Its Alive, his name was Martin White then. But when he became part of Cheiron, Denniz made his name sound "poppier" without telling Max.
Here's the exact story: it's from the very good article one of our fellow members did about the Cheiron studios on Wikipedia.  ;D

“… and in came a hard rocker”

Denniz was looking for heavier music and decided to sign the members of the Swedish glam-style metal band It's Alive a deal with the Cheiron for their second album Earthquake Visions. Denniz PoP helped the band to remix the songs, the band did not sell enough records to call it a success but its frontman and singer Martin White (Martin Sandberg) was encouraged to continue and write songs. He was asked by Denniz and Tom who needed his help and skills on other songs. Soon Martin spent more time with Denniz at Cheiron than with the band. Denniz, who always had an eye for talent, realized that here was a guy with the right musical skills that could compensate his own. He asked Martin to team up with him and was hired by Cheiron as a producer. Denniz even changed his name to the more “poppier” Max Martin. He forgot to tell him and when Martin discovered there was another name on the sleeve he asked Denniz; “Who’s that?”, Denniz responded “Oh, it’s you didn’t I tell you?”. Denniz became his mentor and after spending some time learning the basics the first production collaboration between Pop and Martin was the Rednex song Wish You Were Here.

full article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheiron_Studios

Alex Martin

Quote from: *Sabine* on August 13, 2008, 12:22:21 PM
me too, i prefer not to talk about her!
yes the circle of the best friends: Bush, Sarkozy, Berlusconi...  :-\

You forgot the 4th.....vladimir putin....

Hey you are 4 ......Why don't create the first politic boy/old boy band? ;D

secski

Hey Ahmed, nice to meet you! Thanks, for that information!

Thanks Sabine for the wiki link. I remember reading that article now, a few years back i think... (fuzzy memory!)

haha alex, yeah, do you remember watching eurovision a few years back when russia had a boyband act called prime minister? lol.

Alex Martin

Quote from: secski on August 13, 2008, 07:06:55 PM
Hey Ahmed, nice to meet you! Thanks, for that information!

Thanks Sabine for the wiki link. I remember reading that article now, a few years back i think... (fuzzy memory!)

haha alex, yeah, do you remember watching eurovision a few years back when russia had a boyband act called prime minister? lol.

No,i don't remember this russian boy band but silvio george nicolas and vladimir for sure are better than "prime minister" ;)

Hey secski it's funny to see that you in only a day wrote the same number of posts I wrote in a month ;D

Good evening to everyone guys ;)

turnaround

Hi secski.
Welcome to the forums!

How did you find us?
Great you like it here, I will read through the posts later :)

Enjoy it, and spread the word :)
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Quote from: secski on August 13, 2008, 01:34:41 PM
Hi Rebecca. Nice to meetcha! Great site you have btw.

lucky number 100! yay! :D

Thanks Sescki.
Yes, how did you find us?

secski

haha alex, yeah, its called procrastination! i have 2 assignments due for uni by monday! but i love talking about music (esp swedish pop) so this site is perfect!

hi turnaround and rebecca! thanks for the welcome! I will ask some other people to drop by... I found this site through google. I wanted to see what other songs max was working on and the site popped up on the search engine, and to my pleasure there was a forum dedicated to him! awesome!

*Sabine*

Haha yeah, we're always looking for new songs! :D If you google all the new artists, you directly find us, cuz we're the first ones to discover them on myspace i guess! :P

secski

yeah i loooove that feeling when you discover someone for the FIRST time and you know they ROCK!

then you tell your friends hahaha

ladyMusic

Hi to all of you!
My real name is Oksana and I'm from Ukraine.I'm so glad that I found this site,because I like Cheiron sound so much and especially songs of Max Martin,he's wonderful!!!Unfortunately,Ukraine and other russian-language countries haven't any site like yours,so thank you for this one!
But I have one big problem,I speak english very bad! :(So I'm sorry beforehand for my english and for my mistakes that I'll have made!

Tiiger

Welcome to the boards, Oksana.  ;D
Btw, there's nothing wrong with your English, I understand you perfectly.  ;)
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

*Sabine*

Oksana, welcome here! We're glad to count one more fan to the community! :D
Your English is fine, I can't see any mistake! ;)

Rebecca

Welcome Oksana! your English is fine!

ladyMusic

Thank you very much for welcome!!!