• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Forum members write a Cheiron song together

Started by secski, August 13, 2008, 10:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Krommer

I'm more into melody, choruses and lyrics. I got some ideas, but I'm not so good with programming.

I got this chorus for a song that I've titled (by now) "Back 4 More" and a second one titled, "Unbreakable".

I will post them later, just vocals. You choose the more suitable or the one you think it's better.

B Steady

So at first we should make a list what we need and then we need appropriate people:

Songwriter(s) (lyrics and melodies)
Singer(s)
Producer(s)
Mixing/Master Engineer(s)

And maybe we can build teams for each part
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on April 30, 2013, 06:40:47 PM
I'm able to program with Cubase as well as Pro Tools ....
Perfect....thanks!!!

georg_e

Quote from: B Steady on April 30, 2013, 07:50:40 PM
So at first we should make a list what we need and then we need appropriate people:

Songwriter(s) (lyrics and melodies)
Singer(s)
Producer(s)
Mixing/Master Engineer(s)

And maybe we can build teams for each part
Excellent organization.......I'm down for "Songwriters".........

maxmartin'sfan

Joshua

Some of those titles are a bit cheesy for my liking, but "IT'S THE LOVE, STUPID" and especially "WHAM! WITHOUT GEORGE MICHAEL" are genius in my books. :D

georg_e

Quote from: Joshua on May 06, 2013, 05:26:28 AM
Some of those titles are a bit cheesy for my liking, but "IT'S THE LOVE, STUPID" and especially "WHAM! WITHOUT GEORGE MICHAEL" are genius in my books. :D
Thanks Joshua -- I'm extremely happy you liked those!   I actually have a chorus for "It's The Love, Stupid" (just me vocal and acoustic guitar) very rough...I'll put it on Z Share later.  Don't have any melodies yet for "Wham!", but kind of a rough concept for it.  Which of those two titles -- just as titles -- do you like best?

B Steady

I already have a rhyme for the Wham! song haha:

I want you to be my girl,
cause me without you is like Wham! without George Michael!

;D
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: georg_e on May 06, 2013, 03:33:34 PM
Which of those two titles -- just as titles -- do you like best?

Definitely "Wham! Without George Michael", it's brilliant. Although, would some people think it's referring to Andrew Ridgeley? :D

georg_e

Quote from: Joshua on May 06, 2013, 03:46:02 PM
Definitely "Wham! Without George Michael", it's brilliant. Although, would some people think it's referring to Andrew Ridgeley? :D
Good to know, thanks!! Well, seems like B Steady and I are on the same wavelength on what it would be about, so i don't think that would be a problem :)

Joshua

Quote from: georg_e on May 06, 2013, 03:53:07 PM
     Good to know, thanks!! Well, seems like B Steady and I are on the same wavelength on what it would be about, so i don't think that would be a problem :)

Oh yeah I get the concept, I think it's great... just that some people might take it as "Wham! was nothing without George Michael". You know, like saying "*NSync without Justin" or something, which makes a great statement, it just doesn't say much for the other members haha.

B Steady

btw you couldn't say BSB without Brian/AJ/Nick/Kevin/Howie because they were all so damn important for the band ... that's why they're the best band ever!!!
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: georg_e on May 06, 2013, 04:06:44 PM
Also, what do you guys think.....like I said I have a complete blank slate on what is would be musically, but just now I got a flash that maybe a reggae type beat like "One More Night'" might be good, with only a couple of chords, really catchy bass line.....sort of reminds of the 80's & 90's...

I think you're on the right track, I wouldn't go down the full on dance-pop route personally just because it's been done to death, so something different would definitely be welcome. You could always call it "_ without _" or something similar, and then reference different examples throughout the song. Wham! without George, Jackson 5 without Michael, *NSync without Justin. Just as long as no-one sues haha.

Joshua

Quote from: georg_e on May 06, 2013, 04:48:51 PM
Actually now I'm thinking it might be better not to clutter it up with a bunch of other metaphors (I see what you mean about other groups, though) as sometimes less is more -- one good idea per song -- people can only handle so much.

Yeah, keep it simple, it doesn't really need more than one reference if you can write a really strong chorus around the one... I think the whole "me without you is like..." theme is perfect, people are referencing stars at the moment but not in this way.

Joshua

:( My browser really doesn't like zshares for some reason, it's slowing to a crawl every time I visit the link. Is there anywhere else you can upload it? If not we can try e-mail.