• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Cheiron Sound.. need your help!

Started by maxmartin'sfan, February 18, 2007, 10:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxmartin'sfan

Thanks.. But I have just written the Music...

lol For the moment I don't know how to do something else!

andrea

a little excerpt of a song of mine in amazing's style :roll:

http://www.italbandiere.it/cheironsound2.mp3

turnaround

Andrea, that sounds great.
Are this real guitars?
With which program did you create that?

The beat is very Cheiron.  :D

Sounds very professional if you ask me!
Well done!
And I liked it..

andrea

thanks! i didn't record guitars, the solo guitar is sampled, the chords guitars are from a virtual instrument called 'real guitar'... the drum is really Cheiron, i know :D i think i've found the samples used by Cheiron's guys :lol:

Rebecca

wow Andrea, I have had quite a few listens to it, very professional indeed.

keep going with this sound!

maxmartin'sfan

emjay

The re-wording of the choruses you're talking about, after bridge and/or keychange, is called the Recapitulation

This is kind of applicable to the topic, but something I noticed for example, was that Shape of My Heart and Siberia use very similar phrases to make the theme what it is, but are opposites:

SOMH: "Please try to forgive me"
Siberia: "she said it's not your fault
SOMH: "hold me now, don't bother"
SOMH: "I just smiled and said let go of me"
SOMH: "I played my part"
Siberia: "did someone else steal my part?"
SOMH: "kept you in the dark/ don't put out the glow"
Siberia: "cause it's all so dark"
SOMH: "Tragical"
Siberia: "Mysterious"
SOMH: I'm here with my confession/ got nothin to hide
Siberia: I gave myself away/ was waiting for the lie

emjay

Quote from: "andrea"a little excerpt of a song of mine in amazing's style :roll:

Very good chord progression. Where'd you get the snare sample from? Keep going with this for sure..

Tommy Nelson

Quote from: "andrea"thanks! i didn't record guitars, the solo guitar is sampled, the chords guitars are from a virtual instrument called 'real guitar'... the drum is really Cheiron, i know :D i think i've found the samples used by Cheiron's guys :lol:

Hey Andrea, Keep up the work but those are not the drums used by Cheiron... They didn't use "virtual" instruments or samples back in the 90's at Cheiron. The drums you're looking for that they used are from the Korg M and T series workstation synths. 8) And I was going to say great guitar playing, but I guess that's just a computer sample too.  :?

Rebecca

Welcome Tommy, are you a musician?

andrea

Quote from: "Tommy Nelson"
Quote from: "andrea"thanks! i didn't record guitars, the solo guitar is sampled, the chords guitars are from a virtual instrument called 'real guitar'... the drum is really Cheiron, i know :D i think i've found the samples used by Cheiron's guys :lol:

Hey Andrea, Keep up the work but those are not the drums used by Cheiron... They didn't use "virtual" instruments or samples back in the 90's at Cheiron. The drums you're looking for that they used are from the Korg M and T series workstation synths. 8) And I was going to say great guitar playing, but I guess that's just a computer sample too.  :?

i used samples from a groovebox of korg, that maybe uses the same samples of old korg synths :wink:

Massproductions

Quote from: "andrea"a little excerpt of a song of mine in amazing's style :roll:

Definently sounds in the right direction. The production isn't as good as the cheiron guys. I as a guitarist heard from the start that they where fake guitars. I think you should finish the song and add lyrics/melodys for it.

Westhaven

Quote from: "Tommy Nelson"Hey Andrea, Keep up the work but those are not the drums used by Cheiron... They didn't use "virtual" instruments or samples back in the 90's at Cheiron. The drums you're looking for that they used are from the Korg M and T series workstation synths. 8) And I was going to say great guitar playing, but I guess that's just a computer sample too.

Completely wrong :) They used A LOT of samples, both loops and drum hits. Akai S-1000 and S-3000, with huge piles of Syquest 44 MB disks

Tommy Nelson

Hello "Westhaven"... They did NOT use computer sample's at Cheiron 93-2000. They used old workstation keyboards like the M1 and Trinity for drums and orchestra hits and quite a few Emu rack synths and much more! These are where (most) of their "samples" as you call them came from. NOT a computer! :roll:

P.S I have a complete list of ALL the original equipment they used at Cheiron (in the 90's) and I personaly own most of it, so I do know what I'm talking about. That doesn't mean I have to tell everyone everything about what was used though.

Westhaven

Quote from: "Tommy Nelson"Hello "Westhaven"... They did NOT use computer sample's at Cheiron 93-2000. They used old workstation keyboards like the M1 and Trinity for drums and orchestra hits and quite a few Emu rack synths and much more! These are where (most) of their "samples" as you call them came from. NOT a computer! :roll:

P.S I have a complete list of ALL the original equipment they used at Cheiron (in the 90's) and I personaly own most of it, so I do know what I'm talking about. That doesn't mean I have to tell everyone everything about what was used though.

Sorry man, you may have a nice list of stuff, but in regards to how the stuff was used, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about :)
"Computer samples"?? What do you mean by that?
They had samplers, with thousands and thousands of sampled drums and loops, just like any other producer in the 90s. They'd go "now where is that kick we used on Herbies track" and go thru the syquest disks to find it. I'm not saying they never used a drum sound in a KORG M1, but let me assure you that it was NOT their main source of frum sounds (that idea is slightly rediculous)