• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max & Simple Plan

Started by Markus1981, November 13, 2007, 12:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

cool, I love it when singers mention Max Martin.
Where did you read the interview? was it in a magazine?

LJ

Quote from: Rebecca on December 21, 2007, 09:34:06 PM
cool, I love it when singers mention Max Martin.
Where did you read the interview? was it in a magazine?

Me too. I just love whenever someone says something respectful and nice about him, and even more when it's people who you didn't expect to do it. I found it in this interview at TheyWillRockYou.com.

ahmed

Max Martin deserves respect for his music and his writing ,he makes good music and writes good lyrics, he never worte shameful lyrics or even hinted to any shameful thing in his songs ,and actually i respect that .

LJ

Quote from: ahmed on December 22, 2007, 12:37:13 AM
Max Martin deserves respect for his music and his writing ,he makes good music and writes good lyrics, he never worte shameful lyrics or even hinted to any shameful thing in his songs ,and actually i respect that .

Yeah, he deserves respect for his amazing talent and beautiful music, that's why I get happy when artists take knowledge of that.

Alex Martin

Rebecca

true he never has written shameful lyrics - a lot of times they're a bit raunchy but not trashy.

Thanks Linda for the interview link. Though it's interesting that they put how Max Martin has worked with Kelly Clarkson, Avril and James Blunt even though he only wrote 1 or 2 songs for them. Either they chose those artists because Max has written with them recently or they thought Simple Plans fans couldn't handle knowing that Simple Plan worked with the same producer as Backstreet Boys, Britney, NSync. I'll think positively and think it's just because they wanted to speak of recent songs.

ahmed

the truth is Max Martin's name and his reputation in the world of music as a producer and songwriter is because of his work with Britney Spears and backstreet boys.

Max Martin's most memorable and successful songs are with Britney Spears and B.S.B.

LJ

Quote from: Rebecca on December 22, 2007, 10:34:02 PM

true he never has written shameful lyrics - a lot of times they're a bit raunchy but not trashy.

Thanks Linda for the interview link. Though it's interesting that they put how Max Martin has worked with Kelly Clarkson, Avril and James Blunt even though he only wrote 1 or 2 songs for them. Either they chose those artists because Max has written with them recently or they thought Simple Plans fans couldn't handle knowing that Simple Plan worked with the same producer as Backstreet Boys, Britney, NSync. I'll think positively and think it's just because they wanted to speak of recent songs.

Maybe they pick those artist since they are closer to SP's music (except james blunt I guess)... it makes more sense to mention them than to go "oh he made all the bsb's hits", because that won't show to any Simple Plan fan who never heard of Max Martin, that he is so much more than pop. If they say he worked with BSB the fans would wonder why they have him since they aren't doing that style of music. I just think it makes sense...
If you know Max Martin it's because you've heard all the hits of BSB and Britney. But he is so much more than that, which a lot of people don't know.

ahmed

Quote from: LJ on December 22, 2007, 11:36:21 PM

Maybe they pick those artist since they are closer to SP's music (except james blunt I guess)... it makes more sense to mention them than to go "oh he made all the bsb's hits", because that won't show to any Simple Plan fan who never heard of Max Martin, that he is so much more than pop. If they say he worked with BSB the fans would wonder why they have him since they aren't doing that style of music. I just think it makes sense...
If you know Max Martin it's because you've heard all the hits of BSB and Britney. But he is so much more than that, which a lot of people don't know.

i don't think they pick those artists cuz  they r closer to simple plan's music , cuz simple plan worked with ''danja'' who is R&B and Hip Hop producer and not the style of clarkson or avril.

actually Max Martin proved himself more in pop , and if u excluded his work with Britney and Backstreet boys, u will find his discography less interesting,and doesn't have big worldwide hits.

i know he can make other styles of music ,but the fact is that he found himself more in pop , and maybe he is doing different style recently cuz there is no demand on pop music recently , even the pop singers r looking for urban styles .

LJ

Quote from: ahmed on December 23, 2007, 12:24:57 AM

i don't think they pick those artists cuz  they r closer to simple plane's music , cuz simple plane worked with ''danja'' who is R&B and Hip Hop producer and not the style of clarkson or avril.

actually Max Martin proved himself more in pop , and if u excluded his work with Britney and Backstreet boys , u will find his discography less interesting ,and doesn't have many big worldwide hits .

i know he can make other styles of music ,but the fact is that he found himself more in pop , and maybe he is doing different style recently cuz there is no demand on pop music recently , even the pop singers r looking for urban styles .

Well Danja haven't done rock type music so they couldn't say any other artist than r&b ones, and SP been on a lot about that they wanted to add some hip hop flavors etc, but they haven't been on about that they wanted "pop". Well concidering Martin is a rocker in his soul, I doubt he is sad that he gets to do more rock music He's done the pop thing for a long time, he was really sucessful (understatement of the day), but I don't think he'll go back doing pure pop songs like that ever again. And I honestly don't care for what reason they didn't say BSB, Britney... it was the interviewer that picked those artists. But anyone who really knows music, know who Martin is already and the rest will get an idea of what he is these days, what type of style you could expect of the Simple Plan song. If you said Britney or BSB it would be a false image of what to expect. That's just how I feel.

ahmed

Quote from: LJ on December 23, 2007, 09:39:25 AM

i don't think they pick those artists cuz  they r closer to simple plane's music , cuz simple plane worked with ''danja'' who is R&B and Hip Hop producer and not the style of clarkson or avril.

actually Max Martin proved himself more in pop , and if u excluded his work with Britney and Backstreet boys , u will find his discography less interesting ,and doesn't have many big worldwide hits .

Well Danja haven't done rock type music so they couldn't say any other artist than r&b ones, and SP been on a lot about that they wanted to add some hip hop flavors etc, but they haven't been on about that they wanted "pop". Well concidering Martin is a rocker in his soul, I doubt he is sad that he gets to do more rock music He's done the pop thing for a long time, he was really sucessful (understatement of the day), but I don't think he'll go back doing pure pop songs like that ever again. And I honestly don't care for what reason they didn't say BSB, Britney... it was the interviewer that picked those artists. But anyone who really knows music, know who Martin is already and the rest will get an idea of what he is these days, what type of style you could expect of the Simple Plan song. If you said Britney or BSB it would be a false image of what to expect. That's just how I feel.

thats what i already said, he will never go back to pure pop again ,cuz he will not find any singer to sing pure pop these days ,and of course i don't expect simple plan song to be Backstreet boys or Britney.

and i know who Max Martin is,thats why i'm here lol

LJ

Quote from: ahmed on December 23, 2007, 10:11:08 AM

thats what i already said, he will never go back to pure pop again ,cuz he will not find any singer to sing pure pop these days ,and of course i don't expect simple plan song to be Backstreet boys or Britney.

Well, I wasn't talking about you in specific, I was generalizing... and I think people will get more what Max Martin will contribute to the song if they pick those names. And I didn't repeat what you said, I said that I don't think he would do pop music again even if he could, while you think it's 'cause he can't find a singer. I think he went with rockier sound when he felt that the pop wheel was over 'cause that was where the music business was heading BUT I still think there's still a lot of talented singers out there he could write pop songs for, but he choose not to do that 'cause he's done with that... you can't squeeze the same lemon for the rest of your life and expect to get something out.

Rebecca

Yes, that does make sense. It's nice to read other thoughts about this. My first thought was "why didn't they mention BSB or Britney?" but yes, the writer is just trying to choose artists who are of similiar style.

Yeah, I don't think Max is going to go back to pure pop in a big way again. It's good he can write different styles.

ahmed

Quote from: LJ on December 23, 2007, 10:30:06 AM
Quote from: ahmed on December 23, 2007, 10:11:08 AM

I think he went with rockier sound when he felt that the pop wheel was over 'cause that was where the music business was heading

thats what i meant by pop singers are looking for urban styles .

and when i said he will not go back to pop cuz he will not find a singer who wants to do pop these days ,i meant that the music business has changed and no record label will let a singer go backwards and do pop, and the music business is heading for other styles.cuz there are other things interfere in the matter like marketing and doing what people wants to hear.

i didn't mean that he is searching for a singer to do pop, on the contrary i want him to show his ability and make other musical styles, and don't go backwards.

Feelgoodlies

No Ahmed,I think Pop is getting back gradually..I mean most songs now are pretty much popy and kinda r'n'b-ish let say for example

Kataharine Mcphe Over It
Ashley Tisdale He Said She Said and her whole album HEADSTRONG
Samantha Jade Turn Around
Jordin Sparks Tattoo
Fergie Big Girls Don't Cry specially the Chorus.
and many others I can't remember now.

Glad there is No Angels and Darin who always keep pop music.