• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry in studio with Martin/ Dr Luke - New album PRISM

Started by NIKLAS"NiCkY", January 16, 2010, 09:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on July 30, 2013, 12:09:46 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What's the irony part though?

I guess he means the pop justice article. It's full of irony ;)
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

I also mean the title PRISM

It's all over the media here.  :)
And I liked it..

Axel

will be difficult to get more google search results for the album than for the other Prism. :-)

georg_e

Quote from: Axel on July 30, 2013, 12:32:58 PM
will be difficult to get more google search results for the album than for the other Prism. :-)
Will be fun to watch Illuminati blogs......."Katy Perry recruited by NSA for new album" lol :D      It's a shame actually though -- "Prism" is a beautiful album title.

gm33

For those who don't know or don't live in the US, the term PRISM now has an extremely negative connotation, since it's the name of the illegal, unconstitutional domestic surveillance program by the US Government.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_%28surveillance_program%29

Kinda unfortunate.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Axel

I think that the title choice is absolutely intentional, don't you think?

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Quote from: Axel on July 30, 2013, 05:14:41 PM
I think that the title choice is absolutely intentional, don't you think?
Interesting, Axel :-)    I'm fascinated by this stuff.....so do you think they already had the title, and then thought, "let's go with it, it'll get more publicity"......or they gave it that title after Snowden story hit?    I was thinking today of the possibility of a slow, longing ballad on there titled "Edward", ha!!

turnaround

QuoteSinger-songwriter Bonnie McKee has a rising hit of her own with "American Girl," but she cut her teeth writing huge hits with Katy Perry — like "Teenage Dream," "Part Of Me" and "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)." When I sat down with Bonnie a few weeks ago to discuss her own career, she shared some inside scoop about Katy's upcoming LP — which was revealed yesterday to be titled Prism, due out in October.

McKee revealed that she's hearing that she has the first single (certainly an auspicious sign), and she described the general mood of the song as being a departure from her Teenage Dream sound: "It's kind of like a more grown-up Katy, I think," she said. "It's different. It doesn't sound like the 'California Gurls' of yesterday. It has that same kind of energy, but it has a little twist of darkness and perseverance behind it."

http://idolator.com/7474300/bonnie-mckee-katy-perry-new-single

Bring it on!!
And I liked it..

Axel

georg_e: good question. I just think they could easily have changed the album title given how much stuff happens "in the last minute", if they really wanted to. I think they plan this collision on purpose. Maybe to cause some controversy, maybe because she wants to hit such more adult topics, I have no clue. But given that they're driving around with a Prism-truck, I'm pretty sure that it will cause a lot of discussion.

or wait, maybe she was contacted by the government if she could do that to distract the public from the Prism programme. ;-)

nznexus

its been sometime now since katy was in the spotlight huh..

well... all i can say is im excited for her new album of course.

the song ET with kanye west is a classic.. i wonder how the production will b on the album and songz!
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

nznexus

i wonder what the artwork will be looking like?

previous max martin albums.. haha

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag