• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Britney Spears Thread - BRITNEY IS FREE 11/12/21

Started by melodicmoonlight, July 12, 2016, 08:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Jermaine Jackson delivered background vocals for DYWCO.
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Quote from: B Steady on September 02, 2016, 11:20:25 AM
Jermaine Jackson delivered background vocals for DYWCO.

It must be a sample.
But BG vocals? Come on, Benny boy...

B Steady

Quote from: j.fco.morales on September 02, 2016, 07:08:23 PM
It must be a sample.
But BG vocals? Come on, Benny boy...

No, it's Jermaine Jackson. Note: there are more than just one Jermaine Jackson ;)
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

re DYWCO:

During the first verse you think: what the hell is going on here? And right before you're tempted to skip this refreshing pre-chorus comes up. And all of a sudden you start to like what you hated before - the chorus (which is basically the verse, just with more drums etc. - simply with more power). And after that you're looking forward to the next (pre-)chorus. And during the song you start to realize what kind of geniuses Matt & Rob are. Brilliant song after all. :-X
Vila i frid Dag

melodicmoonlight

turnaround

Britney Spears will be releasing her debut album ...Baby One More Time on picture disc vinyl this week. This comes after two sought-after Urban Outfitters-exclusive pressings; the 2017 original pressing on 1,500 pink-and-white-swirl LPs, and this month's clear pressing of over 10,000 copies.

The new Amazon picture disc vinyl listing is secretive, without her name, and only a fragment of the title. It seems as though it is intentionally hidden from relevant search results, as I only found it by chance about 40 pages deep in a "coming soon" vinyl search.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55371ab2e4b0e49a1e2ed583/t/5bc41aff0852293bddf616b4/1539578627782/71GLNqoAK9L._SL1500_.jpg?format=750w
And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

j.fco.morales

j.fco.morales

j.fco.morales

https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/15/britney-spears-manager-larry-rudolph-perform-vegas-residency-conservatorship/

Looks like Britney is not going back to Las Vegas.

Rudolph tells us it's always been up to Britney when she wanted to work and when she didn't. He said, "Last summer, when she wanted to tour, she called me every day. She was excited. She hasn't called me in months. Crickets. She clearly doesn't want to perform now."

As for the future, Rudolph says, "I don't want her to work again 'till she's ready, physically, mentally and passionately. If that time never comes again it will never come again. I have no desire or ability to make her work again. I am only here for her when she wants to work. And, if she ever does want to work again, I'm here to tell her if it's a good idea or a bad idea."

melodicmoonlight

Pretty disgusting of Larry to deflect and pin it on Britney saying she hasn't called him in months. GEE, why do you think that is? What could the reason be for that? She has a mental illness and isn't doing well. She's never had a proper break from the machine and needs some serious recovery. Therapy, no more meds, move out of LA, whatever it is she needs to be happy. Larry and her terrible team/handlers, devoid of any creativity or humility, have pushed her to churn out album, tour, and Vegas, year after year. After 2007/2008 she was shoved right back into Circus.

Pretty terrible that he's made a statement to TMZ of all sources - known for being undignified and classless. And once again not letting HER talk or tell HER side of things. I hope she doesn't perform for years if that's what it takes to have her be happy. I hope she fires Larry and takes a long break from the industry. I'm sure they're worried about what she would do in that time, her safety, her getting photographed etc. But there must be a way to prevent it

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: getawaydriver on June 25, 2021, 04:52:21 AM
Also, on a note about the next album, from what I've read Justin Tranter is no longer executive-producing and her team is looking for a new group of writers and producers to helm the record. She also was in the studio with Danja not too long ago, although I'm guessing that's also been scrapped. I would love for her to do a whole album with Mattman & Robin, the songs they did with her are some of their absolute best, in my opinion.

Good. Sorry, I honestly hated his name attached to Glory and her in general. She needs fresh producers and writers. Not Selena Gomez writers. Mattman & Robin's stuff is good but a little meh to me. She needs people to bring her to the next level or do a complete 360. No basic industry-type writers and producers.

Danja is a good idea. Get her back with the Swedes - imagine a Bloodshy & Avant reunion. Or do something cool and collab on a whole album with Miike Snow/Galantis or something.

nanofives

I don't think she would be making new music anytime soon if she gets her freedom back, she sounds like a tired woman needing a break ASAP.
Even though she remembers Max fondly it was always while saying that her sessions with him where very hard-working, I think she might want easy-going writers, even if that means that the end product is not so good.

j.fco.morales

I think Britney would do great with Matman and Robin. They get GREAT vocals from her.

And back in the day, she was REALLY into weird and avantgarde producers and stuff but her staff never let her do that stuff.
She worked with Moby, BT, James Murphy, Missy Elliott & Timbaland, Guy Sigsworth and some of the weirdest production by Bloodshy & Avant.

I would mind if she works with Dr Luke and Max again, Skrillex, Benny Blanco or any of the Wolf Cousins.
And definitely try some hyperpop stuff. I don't know if any of you knows about that.

I wouldn't mind a feature with Megan Thee Stallion or Doja Cat or Saweetie.
I would book sessions with Charli XCX, Kim Petras and Aaron Joseph, Julia Michaels, Starrah and some people who's not doing strictly pop but their stuff has pop appeal.

But first of all: I would ask her what does she envision about the project. And totally would not go into a project like Rainbow by Kesha: a whole album based on the struggle.