• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Your favourite BSB song - not written by Cheiron writers :)

Started by turnaround, April 23, 2013, 02:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

I do feel a bit ashamed that I didn't get "Unbreakable", as I consider myself a fan. I was completely obsessed with them throughout high school in the late 90's, and "Never Gone" is my favourite album of theirs, so it's weird that suddenly I wasn't feeling it just two years later. I really do think I was upset that they weren't working with Max for the first time, and didn't consider hearing it a priority.
Then again, another two years and I was totally into the build up for "This Is Us", but that was a bit of a letdown in the end. I do however think "Bigger" is a brilliant pop track, and I still can't quite figure out why it clashes with people the way it does. Is it the lyrics, or  the song overall? I think the verse and chorus melody are up there with some of Max's best, and the production I love too.

B Steady

So you have any Backstreet Boys album but Unbreakable??? How is this possible? I mean, you need it alone for the sake of your collection.
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on April 30, 2013, 06:44:21 PM
So you have any Backstreet Boys album but Unbreakable??? How is this possible? I mean, you need it alone for the sake of your collection.

I know, that's why it's so weird, I even had a friend asking me constantly if I'd listened to it yet, but it wasn't until after "This Is Us" came out that I decided to listen to the tracks online. I have nearly all their singles, my first was "Quit Playing Games", which came with an awesome 3D cover. I've seen them live, and even dressed up in all white to imitate them while performing their songs in front of my old high school haha. But when that album came out, I just couldn't find the interest inside. Pity really because it does have some great tracks, my favourite being "Something That I Already Know". If that had been the lead single I probably would've realised how much I still loved them.

Joshua

Quote from: turnaround on April 30, 2013, 10:44:44 AM
You both sang this for a wedding as a duet? How cool. Is there any footage of? ;D

I don't think anyone recorded that one, but I will ask... I know they videoed a few. We did nine songs at the reception, and that was one I chose to throw in because it fits so perfectly for weddings (though we had to change the "it seems like yesterday when I said "I do"..." line seeings they had only said "I do" that day). I could always record a bit for you when I get back from a mini holiday if you want to hear roughly how it sounded.

Joshua

I still haven't asked about footage, but I recorded it fresh for you to give you a rough idea of what it would've sounded like... minus my friend's acoustic guitar. Nothing too flash.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91966328/Joshua%20-%20Safest%20Place%20To%20Hide.mp3

turnaround

Hey Josh, I just listened to your version. It is simply beautiful. Have you recorded the piano?

Lots of feelings, lovely pronounciation. You have an amazing pop voice.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

If I have the next demo I would love YOU to record it please.  ;D

Would love to hear your voice at a uptempo pop song.  :)
And I liked it..

Joshua

You're welcome, yeah that's me playing, it's a little dead without my friend on guitar though. I noticed I screwed up some of the lyrics as well, oops. Thanks for the compliments, the one thing I really need to work on is getting a stronger tone for upbeat songs, I tend to do the soft breathy thing way too much. :)

Matteo87

1) All I To Give
2) Incomplete
3) More Than That

Get Down is also a good no-Cheiron song, it sounds Denniz Pop
"I didn't even know what a producer did, I spent two years day and night in that studio trying to learn what the hell was going on." - Max Martin

B Steady

1. Get Down
2. If You Want It To Be Good Girl
3. The Perfect Fan
4. Incomplete
5. How Did I Fall In Love With You
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Incomplete is magnificent. Dan Muckala is SO talented.

They should do a whole album together, the poprock sound fits perfectly with them around their 40s.

J_A24

Quote from: j.fco.morales on October 22, 2013, 01:21:17 AM
Incomplete is magnificent. Dan Muckala is SO talented.

They should do a whole album together, the poprock sound fits perfectly with them around their 40s.

I think Dan Muckala is no longer the right fit for that sound. I think the ultimate right fit for them is Greg Kurstin and David Hodges.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: J_A24 on October 23, 2013, 12:16:23 AM
I think Dan Muckala is no longer the right fit for that sound. I think the ultimate right fit for them is Greg Kurstin and David Hodges.

He's doing poppier christian stuff, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9PjrtcHJPo

And I actually love that song so much.