• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Mattman & Robin Productions Thread

Started by nanofives, March 11, 2022, 04:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/0HqZX76SFLDz2aW8aiqi7G?si=b87eb39222d447ab[/spotify]

Written by: Imagine Dragons and Mattman & Robin
Produced by: Mattman & Robin

They ditched Justin Tranter for the first time

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/0TyUOnU4H4GLqOcrH0auc8?si=49936868eb2a4982[/spotify]

Written by Imagine Dragons and Mattman & Robin
Produced by Mattman & Robin

I could hear 1000 songs of them together and I would still love all of them, even if they become too formulaic

McCartneyMartin

I just wish that Rick Rubin would have just produced the the entire project as it would give the group a raw stripped out in the studio vibe (like Ruben's work with Tom Petty's Wildflowers) rather than overproduce synthetic pop made for world cup tournaments or tacky Netflix trailers.

These guys just aren't a fit for a rock band that tries to be epic and over the top. Also can somebody please fire Serban Ghenea as he can't mix guitars loud enough for the sake of it they're always buried by the sparse percussion and vocals. Not balanced nor up front.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: BCH2003 on June 25, 2022, 03:08:59 PM
Oh, whine whine whine. Is all you ever do is repeat yourself?
Do you even listen to a word I said?

Helluvafella

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on June 25, 2022, 01:34:58 AM
These guys just aren't a fit for a rock band that tries to be epic and over the top. Also can somebody please fire Serban Ghenea as he can't mix guitars loud enough for the sake of it they're always buried by the sparse percussion and vocals. Not balanced nor up front.

Well, if the band wanted the guitars louder, they would've been louder.
When working with a mix engineer the artist is always going through a process of revisions until everyone involved is satisfied with the mix. This includes the band, managers, the label, A&r's, and sometimes even their moms, girlfriends, etc.

But I definitely get what you're saying. The guitars in this song sound more like a "background texture" rather than a real accompaniment. They're super quite. I believe this is done on purpose though to really make the guitars at the end of the song pop (starting at 2:18).

j.fco.morales

I'm a huge Mattman and Robin fan but Imagine Dragons became something like Maroon 5: a band that works as a pop artists, with a backing band and working with producers and has no sound identity.

nanofives

Mattman & Robin on Imagine Dragons is what Benny Blanco was for Maroon 5, I was expecting their collaborations to finish after their latest album but after seeing the success of Enemy I guess we can expect more from them for a little more time. Benny Blanco collaborated with Adam from 2011 until 2017.
The only difference now with Imagine Dragons is that Justin Tranter is gone, I don't see much of a difference TBH.
The songs are still very catchy, like guilty pleasures.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: nanofives on June 28, 2022, 06:39:58 PM
Mattman & Robin on Imagine Dragons is what Benny Blanco was for Maroon 5, I was expecting their collaborations to finish after their latest album but after seeing the success of Enemy I guess we can expect more from them for a little more time. Benny Blanco collaborated with Adam from 2011 until 2017.
The only difference now with Imagine Dragons is that Justin Tranter is gone, I don't see much of a difference TBH.
The songs are still very catchy, like guilty pleasures.
Very true and unlike Maroon 5 (Maroon 6/7) they actually can make songs just as a band with all four members contributing songwriting credits. Even on Act II they have a few tracks where they produce it themselves. Maybe I am asking for the Moon with this band but you ever see them perform live, that's how they should sound.

I do wish that we could have some sort of Rock revival with a pop gloss similar to bands like The Cars or Def Leppard make it big on the charts. People especially the young ones today will never appreciate how awesome those type of bands were. What's the heaviest they got for them today, Machine Gun Kelly?

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/0YbFEoJi7Esa7lhIrEpBjl?si=ff734283a13d43f0[/spotify]

Written by Imagine Dragons, Mattman & Robin and Justin Tranter
Produced by Mattman & Robin

Other songs from their new album:

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/2ThaHV10xrAcL2WfqXyLnp?si=0bc04927df154af9[/spotify]

Written by Imagine Dragons, Talay Riley and Joel Little
Produced by Joel Little

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/3soSAbnGLuJeARGmegvMFJ?si=7f7185af1a374162[/spotify]

Written by Imagine Dragons and MAG
Produced by MAG

nanofives

bugmenot

It's been really long they released a thing and we could make it without this release, honestly

Imagine Dragons — Children of the Sky (a Starfield song)
Written by

Ben McKee, Dan Reynolds, Inon Zur ,Mattias Larsson, Robin Fredriksson, Wayne Sermon
Produced by Bethesda Game Studios, Mattman & Robin
spotify

nanofives

It's forgettable on its own but it fits well with the game environment