• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ellie Goulding - "On My Mind" (Max Martin) (from album "Delirium")

Started by turnaround, September 17, 2015, 10:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

J_A24

Quote from: j.fco.morales on October 23, 2015, 03:43:19 PM
It's SO poppy.

To me sounds a bit like an Avicii song...

It sounds like contemporary Max Martin to me.

melodicmoonlight

Lost & Found is the best song Ellie has done in my opinion.

I've never been a huge fan of her's but this is magic. That stomping beat, the tender lyrics, the folky element, the HEYs. I agree with what someone else wrote, how it sounds like early to late 2000s Max. Something he might've done with Luke.

Rebecca

Linda

turnaround

Oh - typical wikipedia.

But that's good - it's hard to get Target editions.

What I like the most about "Lost & Found" - the "Heys". Brilliant.
And I liked it..

J_A24

I actually don't care much for the production, but the vocal production is great. The choir like BGVs really enhance Ellie's leads in the chorus. It sounds amazing, just like in the late 90s. That's what grabbed my ear.

Normally if I listen to that kind of production with a so-so song, I move on. But this song is great melodically.

turnaround

Do you think this might be the Kristian Lundin production?

Edit. It says it's by Max.

The track begins as a swaying guitar-led piece of pop, before bursting into a sky-reaching chorus produced by Max Martin (Britney Spears, Taylor Swift).
And I liked it..

J_A24

Quote from: turnaround on October 24, 2015, 09:06:23 PM
Do you think this might be the Kristian Lundin production?

Edit. It says it's by Max.

The track begins as a swaying guitar-led piece of pop, before bursting into a sky-reaching chorus produced by Max Martin (Britney Spears, Taylor Swift).

I feel it has a lot of Kristian Lundin in it, it's really pretty and poppy. But then again, it's what Max used to sound like too back in the day. I'm not sure Max came up with the entire top line, but the harmonies is definitely all him. He's the harmonies master.

j.fco.morales

The verses sounds a lot like Ellie's first songs.
The drums sound like Kristian Lundin's, but it's Carl Falk.

It grabbed my attention that the first part of the chorus is like a prechorus.
And the instrumental pre-chorus that connects the first and second part of the verses and appears again as a middle 8.

I agree the BGV's and vocal production makes the song interesting... many Max Martin tricks all over the song: it reminds me of a lot of the songs in his catalogue.

HEY!

turnaround

And I liked it..

turnaround

Quote from: Linda on October 24, 2015, 03:24:22 PM

False information.
Carl Falk confirmed they (him & Rami) were not involved in those tracks.
btw - where did he confirm this?
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales