• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ellie Goulding - "On My Mind" (Max Martin) (from album "Delirium")

Started by turnaround, September 17, 2015, 10:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

Ilya and savan have been very generic and repetitive in the last few years. They need to open to other people, just like Ilya did with labrinth, just like savan did with Louis bell. Or maybe this song was locked down for years until today's rapper fill the rap verse, blackbear blew up very recently.
But they surely need to collaborate with other people. I'm still recalling savan a year ago talking about how difficult is to get over the writer's block. This might be it.
But I don't think being generic is doing any bad for me. I still think the song is catchy.

j.fco.morales

Actually, when you hear the Labrintn album or the LSD album, you can tell Lab's production tricks.

None of Ilya's are there.

I totally agree with you, Mariano.

j.fco.morales

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/5z8uLrYMcUVvzTV28twt44?si=k_29A6W3TsCNF__58F14Rw[/spotify]

Slow Grenade featuring Lauv is out.
Written by Ellie Goulding, Oscar Görres, Joe Kearns, Brett McLaughlin & Ari Leff.

Produced by Joe Kearns and Oscar Görres.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 01, 2020, 11:03:45 PM
[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/5z8uLrYMcUVvzTV28twt44?si=k_29A6W3TsCNF__58F14Rw[/spotify]

Slow Grenade featuring Lauv is out.
Written by Ellie Goulding, Oscar Görres, Joe Kearns, Brett McLaughlin & Ari Leff.

Produced by Joe Kearns and Oscar Görres.

A hit.

Just like the title, the song itself is a slow grenade. Love the vocoder chorus, the euphoric melody, layered vocals and instrumental, and forever will love songs where the final chorus has full beat/percussion; so satisfying.

j.fco.morales

I'm a bit tired of the vocoder choruses and to me it doesn't feel very immediate.

But I love the heavily detailed production though.

B Steady

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 02, 2020, 08:47:29 PM
I'm a bit tired of the vocoder choruses [...]

But I love the heavily detailed production though.

I've got nothing to add :)

I just stumbled upon MØ's Blur which sounds basically exact like Ellies' Close To Me. Difference between the releases of these two songs: 10 days. So maybe a crazy coincidence.
Ok, but first there was the Pixies' Where Is My Mind - which came out 20 years(!) earlier. How wasn't there a plagiarism law suit yet?
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Quote from: B Steady on July 03, 2020, 07:22:52 PM
I've got nothing to add :)

I just stumbled upon MØ's Blur which sounds basically exact like Ellies' Close To Me. Difference between the releases of these two songs: 10 days. So maybe a crazy coincidence.
Ok, but first there was the Pixies' Where Is My Mind - which came out 20 years(!) earlier. How wasn't there a plagiarism law suit yet?

As far as I know chords can't be plagiarized.
I'm so happy that you know Pixies <3

j.fco.morales

I Just listened to the album: it's full of slow songs and midtempos, not really catchy but some are really nice written though.

It's a bit like Halcyon Days, the only poppier stuff you'll find here are the previously released singles that are the last 4 songs.

j.fco.morales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uui1Kjg0pmY

How Ellie Goulding Uses Her Voice as an Instrument | Critical Breakthroughs | Pitchfork

The guitars you hear on the song On My Mind are samples.

nanofives

Amazing breakdown of her voice. I love how critical she is and how technical she describes her singing depending on the song.

nanofives

Ellie Newest Single "Easy Lover" will be out on July 15th featuring Big Sean, the snippet sounds like a Max-Arranged Ariana-ish vocals https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Tti-gSTsGg0
I hope it's not just a rebranding of No Tears Left To Cry.

j.fco.morales

Sounds a lot like Ariana. Ariana also worked with Big Sean.

Could it be a recycled song?

j.fco.morales

Written by Ellie Goulding, Greg Kurstin, Julia Michaels & Sean Anderson.
Produced by Greg Kurstin.

Very Greg Kurstin sounding record.
Big Sean sounds a bit out of place.

nanofives

I didn't expect this by listening to the snippet, I'm surprised. Either way I agree, the production sounds very Greg Kurstin-ish, almost to a point that it's very formulaic, but the catchiness is still there so I'm in love with it.

Big Sean verse's position is odd, it doesn't have space for him, it's drowned in the same instrumental as the rest of the song.

From Ellie's Facebook page:
Truthfully, this song started life about 5 or 6 years ago. I was coming to the end of the Delirium cycle and started on some ideas for the next record. I wrote it with Greg Kurstin (who I've worked with many times before) & Julia Michaels and I always knew there was something special about this song but it never really had a "home". We tried different versions over the years and none of them felt quite right. When I started working on my new record I revisited it and weirdly, I'd just seen Big Sean's recent Coachella set and was just blown away by his presence. I've been a fan for so long and he even sampled me on his Hall of Fame album so I decided to reach out and see if he'd be interested. Fortunately, he said yes and it became the song you hear now.