• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

David Hasselhoff - "True Survivor" written and produced by Jörgen

Started by turnaround, April 25, 2015, 09:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

From Jörgens official site

Kung Fury Trailer Starring The Hoff
April 24, 2015

Cannes Film Festival's sidebar, The Directors' Fortnight, selects Swedish
"Kung Fury" for the short films section. The theme song is co-written by Jörgen

Already becoming a viral success with its first trailer, the upcoming 30 minute action comedy Kung Fury, an homage to the 1980′s martial art and police action films, is created by the Swedish director David Sandberg.

True Survivor, the theme song, is written by Jörgen and synthwave producer Mitch Murder. It was recorded in September 2014 in Jörgen's music studio just outside Stockholm.

The film's trailer, starring David Hasselhoff, includes explosions, gun fire, a white Lamborghini Countach as well as Hasselhoff riding a Tyrannosaurus Rex together with the main character Kung Fury, played by the director David Sandberg.

http://www.jorgenelofsson.com/news

Trailer

https://youtu.be/ZTidn2dBYbY

David Hasselhoff, Main Artist - Jorgen Elofsson, Author, Composer - Johan Bengtsson, Author, Composer

And I liked it..

turnaround

QuoteHasselhoff continues:
So I flew to Sweden and got into the studio with one of these writers and heard the track and I thought, "Wow, this is terrific." It's definitely a throwback to those Kenny Loggins '80s tracks that I love.
The guy who wrote this, Jorgen Elofsson, is awesome. His track record is sick. From Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" to songs with Celine Dion. I kept looking at his wall going, "Boy, am I with one of the master writers of all time."
When I heard the track, I went ballistic because I knew I could sing it. It comes from the '80s! That's where I have my big hits, it's the music I organically love. It was the days of Queen, Prince, and Michael Jackson's heyday.
- See more at: http://www.jorgenelofsson.com/news/#sthash.ycTY1VZP.dpuf
And I liked it..

Jules

Wow, this is really awful...  :-\

One of the most embarassing CHEIRON songs ever.

AlexanderLaBrea

I get a feeling that you don't really get the whole idea behind the song...

AlexanderLaBrea

Keeping in mind that it IS kind of a joke, I'd say that it serves its purpose to a 100%. The craftmanship is pretty spectacular keeping in mind all people that have tried to create the perfect present day 80's cliché song. You have to think of it as "how would this have been perceived as a movie soundtrack in 1984".

J_A24

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on May 01, 2015, 10:07:05 PM
Keeping in mind that it IS kind of a joke, I'd say that it serves its purpose to a 100%. The craftmanship is pretty spectacular keeping in mind all people that have tried to create the perfect present day 80's cliché song. You have to think of it as "how would this have been perceived as a movie soundtrack in 1984".

100% agreed. The whole thing is pretty well executed.