• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Evolving of Cheiron story and who owns whom what

Started by Dagge, June 08, 2018, 01:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dagge

I'd like to say a few words about evolving of Cheiron story, because I have a feeling that quite a few things are misinterpreted by many outsiders, and I feel this to be unfair.

If you listen to Cheiron music chronologically (the list is even on some thread here) since very beginnings (1988), you will quickly realize that while Denniz early songs sounded amateurish and not very skilled, yet there was easy to spot talent since day one. You can also spot gradual evolving of a style that will become so famous later. Funky R&B rhythms and chords, nice bass and groove. With time melodies became better and better and it is easy to discover some rules behind composing them (I won't go into discussion about that).

After Max joined Cheiron studio, Denniz PoP soon-to-be legendary style was still a bit rough but already developed and ready to soar. Max in a way took advantage over Denniz inability to play an instrument and jumped into things Denniz had trouble to do, making chord progressions for example. Max early and even later melodies were also very similar to Denniz songs before that.

It is fair to say that Max jumped into already successful songwriting machine, learned hard-earned tricks fast and also took Denniz social connections in music business (something impossible to have for a young songwriter).

So despite of the fact that Max is very talented, I think he is way too overrated as a songwritter/producer. i think almost everything he is today he owns to Denniz. I'm sure if Dennis were here today, he would be too nice to mention that to anyone. He was best character there, and most enthusiastic also. Unfortunately some others have had more enthusiasm for business and money. If Max would be fair, he would be handing over half of his profits to Denniz' family.

I felt it was ok to say this, Denniz PoP deserves it.

Feelgoodlies

He never discredited Denniz to begin with. He usually mentions him in the interviews I read for him. I believe Max picked over what Denniz had left and continued the journey successfully. He owes the the beginning of his career to him cos it was a stepping stone to what he is today.

onepass

Quote from: Dagge on June 08, 2018, 01:53:10 PM
I'd like to say a few words about evolving of Cheiron story, because I have a feeling that quite a few things are misinterpreted by many outsiders, and I feel this to be unfair.

If you listen to Cheiron music chronologically (the list is even on some thread here) since very beginnings (1988), you will quickly realize that while Denniz early songs sounded amateurish and not very skilled, yet there was easy to spot talent since day one. You can also spot gradual evolving of a style that will become so famous later. Funky R&B rhythms and chords, nice bass and groove. With time melodies became better and better and it is easy to discover some rules behind composing them (I won't go into discussion about that).

After Max joined Cheiron studio, Denniz PoP soon-to-be legendary style was still a bit rough but already developed and ready to soar. Max in a way took advantage over Denniz inability to play an instrument and jumped into things Denniz had trouble to do, making chord progressions for example. Max early and even later melodies were also very similar to Denniz songs before that.

It is fair to say that Max jumped into already successful songwriting machine, learned hard-earned tricks fast and also took Denniz social connections in music business (something impossible to have for a young songwriter).

So despite of the fact that Max is very talented, I think he is way too overrated as a songwritter/producer. i think almost everything he is today he owns to Denniz. I'm sure if Dennis were here today, he would be too nice to mention that to anyone. He was best character there, and most enthusiastic also. Unfortunately some others have had more enthusiasm for business and money. If Max would be fair, he would be handing over half of his profits to Denniz' family.

I felt it was ok to say this, Denniz PoP deserves it.

I get what you say things are misinterpreted but the people that could have corrected these false assumptions never did a damn thing.  Those are the people that need to go because hell is going to be hot

onepass

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on June 09, 2018, 12:03:54 AM
He never discredited Denniz to begin with. He usually mentions him in the interviews I read for him. I believe Max picked over what Denniz had left and continued the journey successfully. He owes the the beginning of his career to him cos it was a stepping stone to what he is today.

He discredits people by bringing up a dead mans name who isn't around to say any different. Even if he was alive his business partners wouldn't let him speak.  I WISH he was around. He never would have allowed Martin to do the nefarious shit he IS responsible for.  I know a 'producer' who started as a beat maker ... they are very tricky with these terms....but he worked under a real producer, well when he passed away this little chump stole this guys hard drives.  His entire career is built of someone elses work.  It happens.  Max is no exception.  He made a mistake when he re-upped with Luke and Sony.