• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max and dr luke Not kelly clarksson

Started by NIKLAS"NiCkY", April 29, 2007, 02:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Martin

Since You Been Gone WON A GRAMMY!!!!!

I don't think kelly's new single will win a grammy.

Too difference from SUBG and the new kelly's single. [-(

turnaround

Well said hits.
What I just fear is that we get lots of songs without the certain "something".
Writing a song is not too difficult and with her musicians I am sure she can do some decent stuff but I am not sure if there will be these worldwide hits and especially radio-hits that made her so popular.

Kara Dioguardi, John Shanks etc just know what works.
And I liked it..

hits

Quote from: "turnaround"Kara Dioguardi, John Shanks etc just know what works.

Thats the thing.. NOBODY KNOWS WHAT WORKS!

NOBODY. Not Max, not Kara, not John, or some Record Executive. Art is the most subjective thing ever. Nobody can predict what will become a hit. Everybody told James Blunt that he sucked and needed to co-wrote with other people. All the sudden Linda Perry comes along, signs him, and he goes on to have a massive hit with "You're beautiful".

Just do some research on John Shanks and Kara's credits. Most of them were NOT hits. Same with Max. Sure, he had massive success with BSB, Britney and other artists.. but a lot of stuff he wrote also werent hits. Eg, the Veronicas failed terribly in the states, and anywhere apart from Australia/New Zealand. Same with Ashley Parker Angel. I think he just sold around 150k records.

hits

Quote from: "Alex Martin"Since You Been Gone WON A GRAMMY!!!!!

I don't think kelly's new single will win a grammy.

Too difference from SUBG and the new kelly's single. [-(

The single is SUPPOSED to be different. What YOU think doesnt matter.. Kelly's record will play a BIG role at the next Grammy's. Mark my words on this.

The Grammy's are all about credibility. Thats why Norah Jones walked away with 8 of them for her debut album, and Avril Lavigne hasnt won any yet. If Kelly has any decent success with this album she'll get a lot of Grammy nominees.

turnaround

Simon Cowell has his say

Quote''Kelly is not a puppet; she does not like to be told what to do. She could have gone the easy route, which is, you go with ['Since U Been Gone' producer] Max Martin -- it's a guaranteed success. She made it absolutely clear that she wanted to steer the musical direction on this record. You just gotta say, 'You know what? This girl has given us millions and millions of sales.' You've got to give her that opportunity. If it works out, fantastic. If she then decides she wants to do a pop album, every good writer and producer wants to work with her. Because Kelly will be here for 30 years. She has one of the best pop voices in the world right now. What she sold in the U.K., Europe, Asia had nothing to do with American Idol. It had everything to do with the fact that she made a great record and she's got an incredible voice. She's not a girl who got lucky in a talent competition; we got lucky to find her.''

http://perezhilton.com
And I liked it..

Alex Martin

Hits says........bla bla bla bla...........and more bla bla bla bla..........
........and always bla bla bla bla bla :lol:

sorry HITS but you are BORESOME PERSON :smt015

princessofegypt

Quote from: "Alex Martin"Hits says........bla bla bla bla...........and more bla bla bla bla..........

How ironic coming from you.

Anyways, I hope Kelly's album is good. "Never Again" sucks. I'm worried now.

Alex Martin

Yes.....For example IRONIC by Alanis Morissette  s dedicated to me :P

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "hits"
Quote from: "turnaround"Kara Dioguardi, John Shanks etc just know what works.

Thats the thing.. NOBODY KNOWS WHAT WORKS!
That's not entirely true. Of course one doesn't know what will be or won't be a hit while composing it.
Thing is, even the worst possible song can become a hit if you promote it enough...

Quote from: "Alex Martin"Hits says........bla bla bla bla...........and more bla bla bla bla..........

Is this what you're calling a "mature discussion"? I call it childish 'n stupid. Or is it this sort of "humor" that I don't get?!

Alex Martin

Humour......always humour rainbow  ](*,)  
You are my idol!!!!

Rainbow forever!!!!! :smt057

Tiiger

the song may be a hit in america, but i doubt she will be a hit in the rest of the world. never again isn't good enough, and i fear the rest of the album aint better either.
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

Linda