• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

how much is Max worth $$$$$$$

Started by ITS ALIVE, May 25, 2007, 04:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarle

Quote from: "Rebecca"
Quote from: "turnaround"Yeah I imagine Max is one of the best earning persons of the 90ies.

And quite surely one of the richest Swedes I assume, apart from the Royal family etc hehe

No idea how much exactly, but if I had to guess I'd say about 300 millions. That's around what Madonna is supposed to have. Growing each day.

I guess it must have been always frustrating if you are a songwriter, especially in Sweden, and you put so much work in everything but the money only a few guys actually make.

Do you mean 300 million Euros or USD or Swedish Krona?

Well, I must have my say in this ;)
According to ratsit.se he's worth about 100 million SEK... He sold his company M2004S last year, which made him pay one of the top ten tax payers, but he's far from one of the richest Swedes...

turnaround

Sorry, it was just a guess  :lol:  :wink:
And I liked it..

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "Rebecca"When you think how much Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys have earned when they barely have any songwriting credits (though their pay may be structured differently), Max and the other songwriters would have to earn a huge amount too.
I would think they earn about the same, but obviously the artists earn way more with touring, promotion, advertisement, etc...

Just look what Britney got for her Pepsi commercials. 10 million $?

hits

Quote from: "jarle"
Quote from: "turnaround"Yeah I imagine Max is one of the best earning persons of the 90ies.

And quite surely one of the richest Swedes I assume, apart from the Royal family etc hehe

No idea how much exactly, but if I had to guess I'd say about 300 millions. That's around what Madonna is supposed to have. Growing each day.

I guess it must have been always frustrating if you are a songwriter, especially in Sweden, and you put so much work in everything but the money only a few guys actually make.

Do you mean 300 million Euros or USD or Swedish Krona?

Well, I must have my say in this ;)
According to ratsit.se he's worth about 100 million SEK... He sold his company M2004S last year, which made him pay one of the top ten tax payers, but he's far from one of the richest Swedes...

that would just be 10 million. i am sure he's richer than that!

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "hits"that would just be 10 million. i am sure he's richer than that!
Think so too...
But hey, since we won't know anyways, let's just leave it at: He's rich.  :wink:

turnaround

And still wants to earn money, though he doesn't need it.

But we had this discussion already.

A mixture of ambition, hunger and favours for friends I am sure.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Quote from: "®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ"
Quote from: "hits"that would just be 10 million. i am sure he's richer than that!
Think so too...
But hey, since we won't know anyways, let's just leave it at: He's rich.  :wink:

Yes, he's rich!

and also I agree with your point above that artists earn a lot of money for touring and promotion which songwriters would not get.

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "Rebecca"and also I agree with your point above that artists earn a lot of money for touring and promotion which songwriters would not get.
Yep - except for maybe Timbaland! *lol*

hits

Quote from: "®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ"
Think so too...

Yes, he's rich!

and also I agree with your point above that artists earn a lot of money for touring and promotion which songwriters would not get.

Most artists never make a dime from record sales, they do make money from touring and merchandise, but while they are still trying to recoup the costs for their recordings, promotions, videos, etc... the producer/songwriter is already getting cash transfered to his bank account.
Also, the artists makes an album usually every 2 years. While a producer can make several, he can basically get songs on various hits records, which will eventually make him richer than any usual artist will ever be, unless they are BSB or Britney Spears. Remember, none of those artists even get (songwriting) royalties paid, since they dont write their own songs. And thats where the big money is.

Rebecca

Quote from: "hits"[

Remember, none of those artists even get (songwriting) royalties paid, since they dont write their own songs. And thats where the big money is.

Agree!

I remember reading in Arena magazine years ago in their music issue and they had an article about songwriters earnings. It said that Andrew Ridgely earns 500,000 pounds a year from songwriting credits from Wham - yet he's only got songwriting credits on a few songs! And they also said that Gary Barlow had earned far more than Robbie Williams as he wrote a lot of Take That songs (though this article was before Robbie signed his mega record deal with EMI, I think it was EMI)
Arena used the term 'change a word take a third' re how singers get songwriting credits - funny! I should find that article and scan it in it was very interesting.

Massproductions

You have to understand that Max Martins earnings probably can't be near what Madonna makes. She's got earnings from live gigs, royaltys, advertising and so on... it's a whole industrie when it comes to that big artists. Their economy is very complex. But with that said everybody seems to agree that he probably is VERY rich.

Massproductions

Year 2005 Karl Martin Sandberg "Max Martin"   6 307 300 kr
http://dinapengar.se/Avdelningar/Artikel.aspx?ArticleID=2006%5C11%5C28%5C4115
That would make
889960,03 US dollar
On an avrage he made 525000 kr per month that year. Or 74163 US dollar. That's not bad at all, he is a rich man.

Rebecca

wow, thanks for that info and that link massproductions!

turnaround

Max Martin reported a turnover of almost SEK 436 million (~$54 million) for 2016, resulting in a profit of SEK 155 million (~$19 million). That's 22% more than last year's profit and sets a new personal record once again, Expressen reports.

https://www.promicabana.de/taylor-swift-kuendigt-neue-single-album-reputation-an/
And I liked it..

mikeklein1234

I know I'm joining the conversation 10 years late but here's some cool data I found on the web..

http://www.largestcompanies.com/company/Martin-Sandberg-Production-AB-31003