• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Bonnie McKee "American Girl"

Started by turnaround, December 29, 2012, 05:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raul_esp

turnaround

Not bad, quite sweet, but I hope they have some better songs on the album. Especially some Max stuff.
And I liked it..

Feelgoodlies

I liked it actually. She falls in the same cateogry of Katy Perry and Kesha!

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on June 27, 2013, 12:16:01 AM
I liked it actually. She falls in the same cateogry of Katy Perry and Kesha!

which makes perfect sense considering she's written with/for them.

AdamKhan

That chorus melody is very dope!!

georg_e

I was really looking forward to this studio version, but I feel like the whole thing is pitched too high........vocal and instruments, almost like "The Chipmunks" lol  .....to me it lacks punch...... LATER:  listened a 3rd time, louder in my headphones...sounded better......maybe I miss hearing just a touch more low end in the instrumental......

Joshua

Like it, but don't love it. This to me is the equivalent of Carly Rae Jepson's "This Kiss". It's nice, the elements are mostly there, but all in all it's too weak to really be the take off hit she's after.

wiik

The production is somewhat disappointing. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it just sounds exactly like any other Katy Perry style pop song out there. Even her voice sounds similar. If anyone has seen her youtube series "Breaking Bonnie", I find it interesting that every artist wants to do something really original, be outside the box or whatever, and when it comes down to it still sounds just like the rest of 'em. But maybe the album will be different?

I am however not sure about Bonnie's star quality as an artist. But best of luck to her! And the song is still awesome :)

B Steady

Song = hot
Video = hotter
Bonnie McKee = the hottest!!!
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on June 26, 2013, 08:42:45 PM
She released it today! A music video will a bunch of celebrity cameos. (Ke$ha, Katy Perry, Jewel, KISS, Becky G, Jason Derulo, Nicole Scherzinger, Adam Lambert, Carly Rae Jepsen, Maclemore, Kathy Griffin, Joan Rivers, etc) Sure to get the song/video/Bonnie great visibility.

The studio version rocks. An undeniable summer smash. Production (that infectious classic guitar riff), lyrics, harmonies, vocals all on POINT. Loving this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNXA0YjJkgs&feature=youtu.be

don't you forget Karmin! :D
Vila i frid Dag

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: wiik on June 28, 2013, 01:51:05 AM
The production is somewhat disappointing. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it just sounds exactly like any other Katy Perry style pop song out there. Even her voice sounds similar. If anyone has seen her youtube series "Breaking Bonnie", I find it interesting that every artist wants to do something really original, be outside the box or whatever, and when it comes down to it still sounds just like the rest of 'em. But maybe the album will be different?

I am however not sure about Bonnie's star quality as an artist. But best of luck to her! And the song is still awesome :)

knowing that she's written with Katy and Ke$ha, etc, it makes sense that she's gonna go after that similar guitar-driven pop sound. if anything, Teenage Dream (the popular singles) sounded like Bonnie. saying it sounds like a Katy Perry style pop song is sort of ironic - when Bonnie was part of crafting that very sound.

I feel like American Girl is very Bonnie-esque. That nostalgia, her vocal adlibs (that Katy doesn't do in her songs - those high notes and melismas), the lyrics, her general tone of voice.

musicgeeker

Update for new album by Katy from her new Instagram. THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT BECAUSE SHE IS IN MAX MARTIN'S STUDIO IN STOCKHOLM! :)

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

And I liked it..

B Steady

btw the guy in the background is me, I was just watching Max if he's doing it right!

jokes aside, who is it?? :D
Vila i frid Dag