• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Benny Khaos [producer]

Started by B Steady, January 28, 2013, 08:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

Quote from: Axel on March 12, 2013, 09:03:35 AM
heck, maybe other users disagree with my view, but I just thought I'd share my opinion.

I'd agree with you on that. Great ideas, but some of the sounds do need some work. Take for one example, in "Better", the drums at 0.51 definitely need an update, they sound pretty dated and out of place. Everything in that pre-chorus also needs to be beefed up and not so dry sounding. There are a few areas like that, but overall I really like the level of creativity going on. :)

B Steady

Thank you both for your feedback!!! :)

For the most part I have the same opinion about my work but you had some "new" points of criticism which I really appreciate! so I know where I have to improve myself and I'll give my best :)

@Axel: das ist ja lustig, bezogen auf das ganze Forum sind wir ja fast Nachbarn! :D zu meinem Equipment werde ich dir mal eine PN schreiben :)
Vila i frid Dag

Axel

B Steady: Hehehe, do that. I can give you some recommendations as well when it comes to equipment, but I'll do that in a PM as well.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

That part at 1.04 is my most hated element of current pop music haha, but you certainly pull it off like a pro here. I'm just not a fan of it, though I know it's hot at the moment! Again, on the point of sounds, you really need to tweak that rhythm piano/synth sound that we hear right from the beginning... it sounds good when you bring in the reverb, but otherwise it's just a bit weak.

I'd really love to hear you put all of your ideas into one big, finished track... whether instrumental or with vocals. Very promising stuff. :)

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on March 15, 2013, 08:30:06 AM
That part at 1.04 is my most hated element of current pop music haha, but you certainly pull it off like a pro here. I'm just not a fan of it, though I know it's hot at the moment! Again, on the point of sounds, you really need to tweak that rhythm piano/synth sound that we hear right from the beginning... it sounds good when you bring in the reverb, but otherwise it's just a bit weak.

I'd really love to hear you put all of your ideas into one big, finished track... whether instrumental or with vocals. Very promising stuff. :)

thank you very much !!! :)
there'll come a finished song but you'll have to wait few weeks/months yet :(
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

hey guys, a new instrumental produced by myself:

https://soundcloud.com/bsteady/n-o-m-c

have fun! I'm looking forward to your feedback!
Vila i frid Dag

Axel

hi B Steady

The thing is... I think production-wise the song is great, the whole structure and overall build-up, is absolutely great. The only thing that lacks big-time in your song is the modern sound. The sounds are so extremely dated they almost sound like they were some midi-instruments. I think if you had some fat drums, bad-friend bass-instruments and floating pads then songs like this one here would be MASSIVE. So my advice would be to buy some really good libraries, which don't cost a lot at all. There are good ones that are not that expensive, even below 100$. And I think the overall feeling for your songs would benefit massively from that. Overall great song, but it sounds too dated. The drums lack a certain ooooooomph. :-)

Hope this feedback doesn't come across as too negative. :)

Cheers
Axel

B Steady

Hi Axel, thank you very much for your feedback!
The instrumental is neither mixed nor mastered, also it got converted by iTunes as well as uploaded to soundcloud. That way some quality got lost and therefore "extremely dated" and "almost midi instruments" are exaggerated expressions in my opinion. Also, sometimes you don't know my intentions ;)
Again, thank you and no, it doesn't ;)

Benny
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

finally a new instrumental produced by myself:

https://soundcloud.com/bsteady/lucky-prod-by-b-steady

this time I spent a lot more time on tweaking sounds, I hope you'll like it!

also make sure you listen to my first song: http://www.swedishsongs.de/smf/index.php?topic=1704.0 ;)
Vila i frid Dag

Eddie Krommer

It's amazing!

Congratulations Mr. B!!!! ;D

Another "Lucky" that I love.

B Steady

Quote from: Eddie Krommer on May 25, 2013, 12:56:53 AM
It's amazing!

Congratulations Mr. B!!!! ;D

Another "Lucky" that I love.

thank you very much! :) I can imagine which other "Lucky" you mean ;) ;)
Vila i frid Dag

Feelgoodlies

Germany had an amazing producer who sounded a lot like Cheiron guys  back in 2001, his name is Martin de Vries· and his music company called M.D.V. music, who did music for Samajona

"Wird Es Heute Passieren
"Warum

a song is called "Hoer Mir Zu" on their debut album sounds exactly like What You See.

B Steady

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on May 28, 2013, 08:18:50 PM
Germany had an amazing producer who sounded a lot like Cheiron guys  back in 2001, his name is Martin de Vries· and his music company called M.D.V. music, who did music for Samajona

"Wird Es Heute Passieren
"Warum

a song is called "Hoer Mir Zu" on their debut album sounds exactly like What You See.

Wird es heute passieren = Tell Me, Tell Me...Baby
Hör mir zu = What U See (Is What U Get)

I mean these songs are copies! ;D Was he allowed to use Rami's sounds? Otherwise he must've been sued by Rami ...
Vila i frid Dag

Feelgoodlies

I know, but he copied them so professionally. I mean I love it when a producer even when he copies he does it the right way, not the cheap way.

Rami didn't produce "What You See" and also I don't think he did "Tell Me, Tell Me" I guess he co-wrote it. It's the Cheiron sound I meant cause Rami wasn't unique either.