• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Jessie J - Excuse My Rude (Dr.Luke) New Album "Alive" on 9/22

Started by AdamKhan, August 13, 2013, 12:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Just bought the deluxe CD!

I don't get how they could release IMP as the 2nd single. (One of) the worst song(s) on this album which is apart from that awesome!
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

Harder We Fall, Breathe, Excuse My Rude, Wild, Unite & Magnetic are the highlights of this awesome album!
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Oh, forgot the album has been released, I was distracted by the Jason Derulo album.

Listening to it as we speak and I quite like it. Not everything is overwhelming stuff but pleasant pop music. "Harder we fall" will probably be my favourite.

Very good songwriting.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

First listen: I hate It's My Party. Over the top vocals but I understand it's her singing style.

I like a lot Thunder -well done Stargate!-, the tuned-down vocals on Square One, Harder We Fall sounds very country-ish. Would sound a lot better with other arrangement.

And BTW: Brandy is just amazing. She should release a pop album, I just love her voice and style.

A.R.T.

Breathe is kinda masterpiece from Tor and Erik (in a style of Stargate's/Beyonce - Broken-Hearted Girl '08)

A.R.T.

Banger song aka Do It Like a Dude 2.0 - is "Hero"
And from Luke prod's "Gold" sounds best 4 me)

turnaround

Vocally "Miss her" is outstanding. She really is giving her all. Incredibly powerful.
And I liked it..

B Steady

Quote from: A.R.T. on September 20, 2013, 08:52:29 PM
Breathe is kinda masterpiece from Tor and Erik (in a style of Stargate's/Beyonce - Broken-Hearted Girl '08)

Sorry, this is simply wrong. "Breathe" is just the current Stargate production style, comparable to their "Unapologetic" stuff. Of course there are some similarities to Broken-Hearted Girl melody-wise but all in all it's their current style. If you've been tracing their career then you should've noticed that they always have a style for a few years but once they changed it they never slid back.
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

Quote from: A.R.T. on September 20, 2013, 11:12:45 PM
Banger song aka Do It Like a Dude 2.0 - is "Hero"
And from Luke prod's "Gold" sounds best 4 me)

DILAD's atmosphere is so different to Hero. I'd rather compare it to Excuse My Rude (except for the chorus).

And how can you say Gold is the best Luke production on Alive when he also produced Harder We Fall and Excuse My Rude? :o

Btw in the booklet they forgot to give Luke production credits for Gold :/
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

Unite is Diamonds 2.0

If Benny had worked on Unite as well maybe it would've been as good as Diamonds.
Vila i frid Dag

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: B Steady on September 21, 2013, 10:53:44 AM
DILAD's atmosphere is so different to Hero. I'd rather compare it to Excuse My Rude (except for the chorus).

And how can you say Gold is the best Luke production on Alive when he also produced Harder We Fall and Excuse My Rude? :o

Btw in the booklet they forgot to give Luke production credits for Gold :/

where's the booklet? Luke produced Gold? that's why i love the song so much. it's one of the album's best. along with Thunder, Excuse My Rude, Daydreamin'

B Steady

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on September 21, 2013, 08:27:46 PM
where's the booklet? Luke produced Gold? that's why i love the song so much. it's one of the album's best. along with Thunder, Excuse My Rude, Daydreamin'

Hold your hat! It's in the sleeve!!!

Thunder = Stargate & Benny Blanco
EMR = Dr. Luke & Cirkut
Daydreamin = Abraham & Oligee
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Abraham and Oligee should be doing more songs on the style of Ciara's Overdose.
BTW is her new single.

And Oliver are amazing. You should check them out.

maxmartin'sfan

J_A24

Excuse my rude deserves more attention, can't believe it hasn't caught on fire.