• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The "CHEIRON SOUND"; How was it accomplished???

Started by JJLFusion, October 11, 2007, 11:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJLFusion

I have always been a CHEIRON Producer's fan! I am a songwriter/producer myself (www.myspace.com/jasonlane), and I have always wondered how those guys (and Alexandra) got the sound that they did and have since they've seperated! I've looked at all the studio gear listed at maratone.se and I did the smae at the old CHEIRON site, but still want more info! Anyone with insight? Talk Talk Talk!!!

malcolm hogg

I personally think, the whole rythm thing came from Denniz. I really think it all stems from there. As i've posted before, i think everything from that point was probably organic. If it takes one man ten years to paint a bridge, then it will take ten men only one year. Remember there was effectively a whole commune of people working in the same direction, trying to achieve the same goal. The sound changed gradually and turned into more or less 3 or 4 versions of a theme, and that theme to me is 'the formula' that they created. I think also there was a little good luck on there part, in so much that, the sound they happened upon was also the sound people wanted to hear and buy at that time. Kind of a right place, right time thing to it. There is to my ear 100% a formulaic approach to it all the way through Cheiron, the formula grew in time so the productions became richer and the music fuller with many more components. Lyrically it never strayed from the intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, middle 8, chorus and ablid x2 or x3 or x4.
I'm sure there are production teams out there who are working on formulas, infact pretty much every producer has his or her blueprint, but for the vast majority luck isn't with them.
I think if the cheiron stuff of '97 - '00 were to come out now it wouldn't have the same commercial success. It would still be absolutely 100% perfect pop, and i for one would absolutely love for an albums worth of Drowning, Shape of My heart, Siberia, When you're looking like that, Thats the way it is, Not a girl etc etc, but i don't think we will ever git it again - We can only hope and pray.
Chipping away at the rock face, timing, genius, luck, public receptiveness of product, extreme talent, i think that was and always will be cheiron et al. But all of those factors would never have come in to the equation if it weren't for that initiall spark from Denniz.

What a boring, long winded gobshite eh?!!!!!
A childrens song, have you listened as they play? There song is love, and the children know the way!  B.Wilson/V.D. Parks. Brian Wilson presents Smile.

Rebecca

I think you said it really well Malcolm

Just amazing that such a great group of songwriters came together at the same time led by Denniz Pop not to mention the performers that sung the songs so well.

turnaround

Welcome to the forum JJLFusion :D

I will read through it later.
And I liked it..

Tiiger

Welcome Jason!  :D
I listened to your tracks and they're all quite brilliant actually. Also, "One Among Many" actually has a Cheiron-type-of-sound to it. *me likes it very much*  :o
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

turnaround

I found an interesting thread at another forum:

Max Martin's Production on "Larger Than Life"

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/453090-max-martins-production-larger-than-life.html

One guy says:

QuoteI got one of the XV5080 they had at Cheiron back in the days.
It still had their multi-presets stored. Funny :-) With the titles of the songs.

I resettet it though.
They basically used the stock sounds (obviously). I think it's all part of the arrangement.

Johan posted a nice sound-list in the Max Martin thread.

You should check the discontinued "Dance Expansion card" (if i remember it right).
I got one in my 5080. Lots of the sounds are very typical Cheiron-sounds.
And I liked it..

Linda

Quote from: turnaround on November 02, 2011, 02:56:36 PM

One guy says:

QuoteI got one of the XV5080 they had at Cheiron back in the days.
It still had their multi-presets stored. Funny :-) With the titles of the songs.

I resettet it though.
They basically used the stock sounds (obviously). I think it's all part of the arrangement.

Johan posted a nice sound-list in the Max Martin thread.

You should check the discontinued "Dance Expansion card" (if i remember it right).
I got one in my 5080. Lots of the sounds are very typical Cheiron-sounds.

I can't believe he resetted it.
He should be shot!

turnaround

And I liked it..

klukan

it's not Shellback.

It's Johan Brorson who wrote "Siberia" f.x.

turnaround

Thanks, sorry I was confused..

Sadly there are not more songs produced by him that we know. I only can find "Siberia" and "Don't cry for pain" by Ana Johnsson..
And I liked it..