• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kesha Sues Dr. Luke, Alleges Sexual Assault & Forced Drug/Alcohol Use

Started by j.fco.morales, October 14, 2014, 06:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugmenot

Conspiracy theory:

He asked Sony to end this contract in order to add it as an aggravating circumstance into the defamation case against Seberts.

j.fco.morales

Stay out of the spotlight until this solves and come back with a huge song with an A-list artist.

Rebecca

I feel a bit sad about this. I hope Dr Luke can have another hit.

Neal Sabel

I can't say I've read all responses but it's always wise to think about it in terms of gains and losses.  So what does Kesha stand to gain from this?  New contract with someone else, millions in damages potentially, a new "victimised" image that she could front for a new album or publicity even.  What does Dr.Luke stand by raping Kesha and forcing drugs onto her?  Only bad, nothing positive.  Let's elaborate.  Why would he have the need to rape a teenage girl when he has a wife.  Even if he wanted more sex couldn't he hire prostitutes like Charlie Sheen.  Does Kesha seem like the type to not take drugs herself?  Look at the rebellious, slutty and decadent image she had created for herself, she has built up a whole image from "rebel youth culture" where drinking and drugging are like sweets and Coca Cola.  Now Dr.Luke conveniently made her take drugs? Sure he did.

The only thing Dr.Luke stands to gain is a longer contract with Kesha, but he could have easily made a deal with Kesha's lawyers to extend that, it could of easily been negotiable, I doubt he would go to the lengths of rape and drugging someone just for a longer contract, it's actually quite laughable. Also if he is some predator then he must have done the same with other artists?  Why have no other artists come forward or why has no-one reputable who has worked with Dr.Luke come forward to validate Kesha's allegations, like Max Martin? 

This story just seems so cooked, it's literally steaming.  Contracts aren't eternally binding, Kesha could have easily signed with another label and let her lawyers take care of the awkward details and even if it meant a fine for breaking contract, I'm sure she could have afforded that.  Let's speculate on what the truth could be:

Kesha: I want more hits which you aren't giving me
Dr.Luke: I'm not a hit robot, it just doesn't work like that
Kesha: Give me more hits or I'll sue ...

Thinking about it, it seems more probable that Kesha tried to black mail Dr.Luke, and could be for a variety of reasons such as
more cuts, more money, more this and more that.  Kesha seems very aggressive in getting what she wants, didn't she even break into Prince's house.  Now who would do that? actually break into someone else's house. Unless you are some kind of sociopath, just saying.

To recap, gains and losses, Kesha has way more to gain by suing Dr.Luke than he has to gain from her, not when artists are queuing up to work with him and perhaps she has reached a declining point in her career, where the hits are drying up.  Dr.Luke should sue and sue hard until the truth comes out. 

bugmenot

Pebe Sebert made her admission in a joint statement with Dr. Luke, saying she had no "firsthand knowledge of of the events occurring on the night of the alleged rape."

Dr. Luke drops Nashville defamation lawsuit against Kesha's mother.

However, he is asserting claims of defamation against Kesha in New York.

turnaround

Apparently there is a new single: "PRAYER" or "PRAYING" about to be released.
And I liked it..

onepass

melodicmoonlight

turnaround

http://nycourts.gov/reporter/3dseries/2018/2018_03819.htm

https://twitter.com/THR/status/100149882033580030

- This morning, a New York appeals court upheld a decision made by a judge last year that denied Kesha's attempt to void her contract with Dr. Luke. Kesha said she has suffered physical, emotional, and sexual abuse while working with the producer.
- Since her appeal did not work, this means Dr. Luke's defamation case against Kesha is now moving forward. Dr. Luke is suing Kesha for $50 million in loss of revenue from Kesha's sexual assault allegations against him. He claims he "lost millions in potential revenue including a chance to continue working with Katy Perry."
- Dr. Luke claims that if Kesha hadn't accused him of sexual assault, he "would have made $29.9 million in producer and publishing royalties, $8.7 million from co-writing tracks with songwriters on his label, and $10.2 million for work that would have been done on Katy Perry's 4th, 5th and 6th albums."
- More information and depositions will be released in the next couple of weeks as the case gets ready for trial
And I liked it..

Dagge

Quote from: turnaround on May 30, 2018, 12:29:29 PM
http://nycourts.gov/reporter/3dseries/2018/2018_03819.htm

https://twitter.com/THR/status/100149882033580030

- Dr. Luke claims that if Kesha hadn't accused him of sexual assault, he "would have made $29.9 million in producer and publishing royalties, $8.7 million from co-writing tracks with songwriters on his label, and $10.2 million for work that would have been done on Katy Perry’s 4th, 5th and 6th albums."
- More information and depositions will be released in the next couple of weeks as the case gets ready for trial

We can estimate by averaging those numbers that he earns on average a million $ per hit song he had co-written or co-produced. I have seen Shellback tax statement in his beginning years with Max, he earned then cca 3.5M EUR that year. No wonder this is closely tied gang