• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Synth or Guitar Sound?

Started by Swurveman, February 05, 2016, 04:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swurveman

I am wondering what the opening impact sound is that opens the the song "Where Do Broken Hearts Go".

Initially I thought it was an impact sample, but the sound changes like a chord as the first verse progresses. So, I don't know if it is a guitar or a synth. If anybody has thoughts about how you think this sound was created I'd appreciate it. It has both an impact feel like a firework going off, but has changing tones as well. So, whatever it is it is a complex, layered sound.

Here's a link to the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Necz5glI4I

j.fco.morales

If we're talking about the same sound, it's an electric guitar.

And sometimes is not layering, is the right amount of FXs.

Swurveman

Quote from: j.fco.morales on February 05, 2016, 07:06:04 PM
If we're talking about the same sound, it's an electric guitar.

And sometimes is not layering, is the right amount of FXs.

Thanks for your rely j.fco,morales. I have tried to emulate this sound with electric guitars with various amounts of distortion and compression and EQ band limiting, but there is something thick in the sound(s) that is beyond the electric guitar and the ping pong delay that is going on. It's sounds like a "ch" sound. More like "Chuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".  If you have any additional thoughts I'd appreciate them.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Swurveman on February 10, 2016, 01:57:16 AM
Thanks for your rely j.fco,morales. I have tried to emulate this sound with electric guitars with various amounts of distortion and compression and EQ band limiting, but there is something thick in the sound(s) that is beyond the electric guitar and the ping pong delay that is going on. It's sounds like a "ch" sound. More like "Chuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".  If you have any additional thoughts I'd appreciate them.

Which distorter are you using?
iZotope Trash is my suggestion.

Swurveman

Quote from: j.fco.morales on February 10, 2016, 07:14:49 PM
Which distorter are you using?
iZotope Trash is my suggestion.

Thanks. I looked at the demo and there's nothing in that plugin that is giving that thick popping sound like a fireworks display firework  in the frequency band I'm looking to effect. Perhaps it's a clap that is being compressed in a narrow band of it's frequency. I'll keep working on it.

mikeklein1234

It's a distorted guitar layered with a piano striking very low notes.

J_A24

There's a kick attack too. It's the distorted guitar with a long reverb, the kick attack that hits on 1, the piano riff that starts at the same time. There seems to be a fade in which could be the tail of the guitar verb reversed into the hit.