• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Cheiron Piano/Guitar Sound and Mixing Process

Started by Paul max, February 17, 2021, 05:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul max

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what library was used for this piano sound? and how to get the sound of this wah-wah guitar? I tried but with no better results. Maybe it is a sample taken from somewhere? you can hear it in many cheiron 90s productions.

My second question concerns the techniques that were used by the gentlemen from Cheiron, maybe someone knows what effects and equipment they used for. (yes, I know there is a list of Cheiron and Maratone Studio hardware) i mean more about their process (layering/buss processing/paralell compression etc)

I come from the EDM world, I am fascinated by the sounds from the 90s, I would like to broaden and deepen my knowledge. For me it is totally different, despite the fact that I use modern tools or synthesizers such as Serum/Omnisphere/Falcon etc every day. Honestly I never heard of e-mu proteus/xtreme lead/mo phatt/roland 2080 machines lol. I own a Roland cloud library myself and that's it. I know that there are a lot of enthusiasts and people who are very knowledgeable about the sound from the 90s, if someone could help me and understand the era of music of those years/sounds used in popular productions, I would be very grateful.

0:18 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4VK9_CfOLQ

Tano87

Quote from: Paul max on February 17, 2021, 05:55:32 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what library was used for this piano sound? and how to get the sound of this wah-wah guitar? I tried but with no better results. Maybe it is a sample taken from somewhere? you can hear it in many cheiron 90s productions.

My second question concerns the techniques that were used by the gentlemen from Cheiron, maybe someone knows what effects and equipment they used for. (yes, I know there is a list of Cheiron and Maratone Studio hardware) i mean more about their process (layering/buss processing/paralell compression etc)

I come from the EDM world, I am fascinated by the sounds from the 90s, I would like to broaden and deepen my knowledge. For me it is totally different, despite the fact that I use modern tools or synthesizers such as Serum/Omnisphere/Falcon etc every day. Honestly I never heard of e-mu proteus/xtreme lead/mo phatt/roland 2080 machines lol. I own a Roland cloud library myself and that's it. I know that there are a lot of enthusiasts and people who are very knowledgeable about the sound from the 90s, if someone could help me and understand the era of music of those years/sounds used in popular productions, I would be very grateful.

0:18 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4VK9_CfOLQ

Actually the piano attack is made by layers and layers of different pianos, 2 or 3 if I'm not wrong, but it's hard to tell which patch they used.
They also had a huge amount of library that they used to get some samples and sounds...so everything u hear is not always from the equipment they had.
Guitars are real.

No one really knows about their technique about eq-ing, mixing, compressing and stuff, but in the equipment list u have also compressors reverbs and stuff like that so if you have the chance to put ur hands on those stuff u can play trying to get near their sound.

For example 1 sample was also used different times in different ways...always with different results...so...it's pretty hard to id their sounds.

I tried to re-create the official Oops I Did It Again instrumental with the Roland Cloud JV1080 and I get really close but I don't know anything about mixing/eq/compressing so it basically sucks...