• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Has anyone here attended the ASCAP EXPO?

Started by melodicmoonlight, March 24, 2016, 01:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodicmoonlight

It's happening at the end of April in LA... I'm wondering if anyone has ever been and what their experience was. How helpful is it? Beyond networking, can you actually start up a working/musical/creative relationship with anyone there? Or is it mainly industry peeps... ?

Thanks.

georg_e

I went in 2007....I found it to be a major buzz, the energy was incredible, overwhelming even at times. But in a good way. There's a lot of industry peeps as you say, but also the place was CRAWLING with eager songwriters trying to get a break :-) I made a couple of contacts with other attendees, nothing really came of that, but for me the hyper energy of being there and having nothing to do for 2 or 3 days but swim in this sea of events was really inspiring, if a bit overwhelming. It was either that or scuttle back to my hotel room lol, so its kind of a sink or swim situation if you're not from LA :-)  (I flew from NY). So I recommend on those points alone. But only once :-)

badpoetry

I went in 2011 (I think)

it was an awesome experience, to see my idols and other like minded people, well worth the money. I'd say it's more useful for inspiration and networking than anything else.

This year I'm planning on purchasing the video coverage, they upload pretty much every panel in its entirety on their site for about 100$ so if anyone here is interested in pitching in and splitting the charge with me, let me know.