• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Track credits?

Started by gm33, August 27, 2017, 08:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gm33

Is there a way to find track credits? For example: the new taylor swift song "Look what you made me do"

I don't trust the Wikipedia. It says it was produced by Jack Antonoff, but I read somewhere that Taylor Swift co-produced it, but I can't find any evidence of that. BMI/ASCAP online list songwriters.

There was an online MP3 store that I think was posted here where you could buy MP3s have some advanced credits if you expanded on the track name, but I can't remember the name? it may have been a non-English speaking site? Other ideas?

It's INCREDIBLY frustrating that in 2017 we don't have an authoritative source of music credits. :(
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

melodicmoonlight

i agree- in this day in age of streaming and availability there should be a go-to archive of full music credits. i searched Quobuz.com and found credits:

Richard Fairbrass, Composer, Author - Fred Fairbrass, Composer, Author - Rob Manzoli, Composer, Author - Taylor Swift, Composer, Author, MainArtist - Jack Antonoff, Composer, Author - Sony/ATV Songs LLC, MusicPublisher - Taylor Swift Music, MusicPublisher - Sony/ATV Tree Publishing, MusicPublisher - Ducky Donath Music, MusicPublisher - Spirit Catalog Holdings, S.a.r.l., MusicPublisher

Copyright : ℗ 2017 Big Machine Label Group, LLC

turnaround

I agree, it is so annoying. And it's getting worse. The best site for credits is Tidal:

https://listen.tidal.com/

You don't have to be a user to check the credits of songs.

But it is all depending on the release/label if credits are among the details of a song.
And I liked it..

nanofives

ASCAP and BMI are inconsistent as the songs can appear years after it was released or it shows a lot of unreleased demos, and they don't list producers. Discogs is way worse finding new music. Qobuz and Tidal are the most reliable yet terrible with full credits. Is there a way to check iTunes without software?

turnaround

And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

I chheck everything on discogs.com and from the instagram accounts of the people involved.

B Steady

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 29, 2017, 06:58:08 AM
I chheck everything on discogs.com and from the instagram accounts of the people involved.

How can you check the accounts from the people involved when you don't even know who is actually involved?
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Quote from: B Steady on August 29, 2017, 10:28:04 AM
How can you check the accounts from the people involved when you don't even know who is actually involved?

Well, I listen and tend to recognize producers sounds.
I follow a lot of producers and songwriters, A&Rs, publishers and people from the biz so I check there...